BDO (Nth Qld) is the leading full service accounting, audit, tax and advisory firm in North Queensland, with a team of nine Partners and over 70 staff. Our office is located in the newly refurbished Cairns Corporate Tower, right in the heart of the CBD.
We offer a unique combination of local market knowledge, established relationships, technical expertise and form part of the global BDO network of over 90,054 people working out of over 1,809 offices in 167 countries.
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2021 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradAustralia and GradConnection. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
Life at BDO
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues. We understand that being the leader in exceptional client service begins, and ends with exceptional regard for our people.
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO (Nth Qld) offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaboration, workplace flexibility and global opportunities. We take pride in our health, wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as organise a range of social activities for our team. We want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
We are seeking Graduates for our Audit, Business Services and Tax teams. You will receive structured training to help you build a strong foundation for career progression. Our local and national learning and development programs will give you the best start in transitioning to professional life, and will provide you with the skills and confidence you need to excel in your career.
What we look for in our Graduates
You will be an undergraduate currently in your final year of a Business / Commerce (Accounting) degree and have the right to work in Australia on an ongoing basis. Students in their final year studying a dual degree including the above as well as a Bachelor of Laws are also highly regarded.
You will possess the following qualities:
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- High levels of attention to detail
- Solid academic achievement
- Strong work ethic
- eamwork skills and problem solving abilities
- Strong IT and computer skills including Microsoft Office applications as well as being willing and able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Previous work experience
- nvolvement in extracurricular activities
- Motivation for continuous learning.
What happens once you apply?
- You will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application
- Each application will be reviewed individually by our People & Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete an online video interview
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend a face to face interview
- The final shortlist will be required to complete online testing
- Reference and background checking will be completed
- 2022 Graduate offers will be made on Monday, 10 May 2021.
To keep up to date with key application dates, events and more please follow the BDO Nth Qld Facebook page.
For further information about student opportunities and starting your career at BDO (Nth Qld) please visit https://www.bdo.com.au/en-au/careers/students/cairns or alternatively contact Olandah Channells via phone on 4046 0000 or via email at [email protected]
Applications close at midnight on Sunday 11 April 2021.
* Please note that all applications must be submitted online.
* All applicants will be updated via email on the progress of their application throughout the recruitment process.
OUR PEOPLE ARE THE DIFFERENCE
#BDONQ #BDOCareers #loveourpeople
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Citizen
- Closing Date:11th Apr 2021, 12:59 pm