Student Life @BDO
Working for a global professional service firm like BDO means you will have the opportunity to work with clients across diverse industry sectors. You will be supported by our experienced Manager and Partners, who will enable you to build your technical skills whilst growing your professional career. With access to a global and domestic network of offices a career with BDO is possible wherever life takes you!
A Career in Superannuation
The BDO Superannuation Team supports clients who are operating self-managed superannuation funds (SMSF) to meet regulatory requirements through compliance, administration, and audit services.
As a Graduate within our Superannuation Team in Adelaide, you will be exposed to a wide variety of SMSFs, varying in complexity. You will receive hands-on training and support from our team of experts, and use the latest SMSF technology, tools, and software to assist clients in the following areas:
- Prepare SMSF compliance documentation incl. preparation of financial statements, tax returns and reconciliations
- Conduct SMSF audits
- Identify areas of non-compliance, and assist with making recommendations to ensure future compliance
- Prepare pension reviews and conducts contribution reviews
- Prepare BAS/IAS/PAYG statements
We welcome students who:
- Are in their final year (or have recently completed) a relevant CA/CPA eligible degree
- Have the ability to work and solve problems independently, but also work within a team
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be motivated to continuously learn and develop both personally and professionally
- Have a desire to learn and grow within a firm where exceptional service delivery, collaboration, empathy and integrity are part of our values and culture (ONE, BOLD, HUMAN, HEART and STRIVE).
At BDO we want to ensure you are supported to reach your full potential. As a Graduate with BDO you will receive:
- A permanent role within your appointed service line/team
- Flexible work options to help you balance work and life (all staff have access to an annual WFH allowance to set you up for success from home)
- Regular social and wellbeing activities across our offices
- Access to BDO’s BWell program which includes daily breakfast, corporate gym memberships and healthcare rates, paid volunteer leave and access to our Employee Assistance Program plus more!
- Paid study leave and financial support to complete your CA qualifications
- Access to workplace giving and social responsibility initiatives via our community partners
- Support to further your professional development via on-the-job training and formal learning programs!
What can you expect?
At BDO we pride ourselves on our ability to be nimble and agile! Our recruitment process will ensure you experience an efficient and personalised approach.
- To apply submit your application below with a copy of your current CV and academic transcript
- Our team will contact you to invite you to the next stage of the process
- You will attend a face-to-face assessment centre or interview with a Director/or Manager
- Offer – We are excited to welcome you to BDO and start your career journey!
At BDO we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture. Should you require any adjustments to apply or commence your role with BDO please speak to our student team throughout the recruitment process.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Compliance
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
$56,000 - $65,000 package plus CA support
- POSITION START DATE
Feb 2023 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:14th Aug 2022, 1:59 pm