Student Life @ BDO
Working for a global professional service firm like BDO means you will have the opportunity to work with clients across diverse industry sectors. You will be supported by our experienced Manager and Partners, who will enable you to build your technical skills whilst growing your professional career. With access to a global and domestic network of offices a career with BDO is possible wherever life takes you!
A Career in the Tax Team
BDO tax professionals have the full range of tax specialisations and deep experience across a wide range of industries.
As an Undergraduate, within our Tax Team, (corporate and international tax, indirect tax, transfer pricing, research and development), you may have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to a wide variety of compliance and consulting work including corporate and international tax
- Support clients with their transfer pricing enquires and needs
- Help companies navigate their indirect taxes such as FBT and CGT requirements
- Support client’s innovation through research and development opportunities
- Support M&A transactions and domestic advisory
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
We welcome students who:
- Are in their final year working towards a degree in, but not limited to Commerce, Accounting, Business, Science or Law
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking, organisational and written skills
- Enjoy working in a team environment and collaborating with others
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills including legal research skills
- Have a desire to learn and grow within a firm where exceptional service delivery, collaboration, empathy and integrity are part of our values and culture (ONE, BOLD, HUMAN, HEART and STRIVE).
At BDO we want to ensure you are supported to reach your full potential. As a Graduate with BDO you will receive:
- A permanent role within your appointed service line/team
- Flexible work options to help you balance work and life (all staff have access to an annual WFH allowance to set you up for success from home)
- Regular social and wellbeing activities across our offices
- Access to BDO’s wellbeing program which includes a range of activities including daily breakfast, wellbeing classes/activities, annual flu shots, discounted gym memberships and healthcare rates, access to our Employee Assistance Program and so much more!
- Paid study leave and financial support to complete your CA qualifications
- Access to workplace giving and social responsibility initiatives via our community partners
- Support to further your professional development via on-the-job training and formal learning programs!
What can you expect?
At BDO we pride ourselves on our ability to be nimble and agile! Our recruitment process will ensure you experience an efficient and personalised approach.
- To apply submit your application below with a copy of your current CV and academic transcript
- Our team will contact you to invite you to the next stage of the process
- You will attend a face-to-face assessment centre or interview with a Director/or Manager
- Offer – We are excited to welcome you to BDO and start your career journey!
- At BDO we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture. Should you require any adjustments to apply or commence your role with BDO please speak to our student team throughout the recruitment process.
- Job type:Cadetships
Business and Commerce, Compliance, Consulting, Economics,...
- Work rights:
Australian Working Visa, Australian Permanent...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
$47,000 - $56,000 package
- POSITION START DATE
Oct 2022 (approx)
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2022, 1:59 pm