The BDO life
BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with almost 75,000 people working out of 1,500 offices in 162 countries. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2019 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradAustralia and Grad Connection. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
About our Business Restructuring team
BDO Business Restructuring provides solutions to clients who predominantly have problems with cash flow or viability or are facing major challenges in the business, either from the need to fund growth or manage change to the business. Our services include helping companies restructure to improve cash flow and profits or to restructure debt. We also work directly with financiers to assist borrowers expand and acquire new finance or to sell assets to reduce debt. We are one of a few firms on the panel of the ‘Big Four’ and major Queensland based financial institutions. We also act in times of financial distress and conduct all forms of corporate and personal insolvency engagements, which involves investigating business transactions and achieving recoveries of funds for creditors. We assist clients across all industries and locations in Queensland and Nationally.
The type of engagements undertaken by BR is as wide as the industries we service, and include:
- Advising Board’s and Government Departments
- Undertaking Business Reviews and Pre-Lend Engagements for financiers
- Dispute resolution – partnership disputes and settlement negotiations
- Instigating and running complex litigations
- Taking control and selling Going Concern business’
- Completing Strategic and Performance Enhancement engagements
- Formal corporate and personal insolvency engagements such as Receiverships, Liquidations, Voluntary Administrations and Bankruptcy
To hear firsthand from our BDO Graduates please visit our Student Recruitment page - https://www.bdo.com.au/en-au/studentrecruitment/our-graduates
Our Business Restructuring Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Get to know our Business Restructuring team and clients
- Obtain hands on experience on a mix of large and SME clients
- Develop your knowledge and skills on all things Business Restructuring
- Receive excellent mentoring and support over your Vacation program period.
We welcome students who:
- Are creative thinkers and ‘think outside the box’
- Have strong problem solving skills – focused on practical solution based outcomes
- Demonstrate strong communication skills – verbal and non-verbal
- Enjoy interacting with all types of clients and people
- Are currently in their penultimate year of a Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), Business (Accounting)
- Are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident at time of application
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Are a dynamic team player with an innovative approach to work and life
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development.
- Are resilient and empathetic as working in BR can sometimes involve dealing with challenging conversations with creditors or shareholders.
What we offer
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to complete a video interview – You will receive an email if successful by Monday, 8 April 2019.
- Successful applicants after the video interview will then be invited to attend an Assessment Centre – You will receive an invitation, via email, if successful by Wednesday, 10 April 2019.
- For successful applicants our Assessment Centres will be scheduled on a date between Thursday, 11 April - Thursday, 18 April 2019.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Business Restructuring Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications close 5pm on Friday, 29 March 2019.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:29th Mar 2019, 6:00 am