BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with over 80,000 people working out of 1,590 offices in 162 countries. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2019 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradConnections and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
BDO’s Indirect Tax practice has established itself as a major player within the local marketplace, advising many of Queensland’s leading public and private sector organisations across a diverse industry base. Due to continued growth of the practice, we are looking to recruit an undergraduate to join our team. We are seeking an undergraduate who is within 2 years of completion of their studies and is passionate and looking to start their career in Revenue Law within our dynamic practice.
In this role you will be given the opportunity to:
- Develop technical expertise across a variety of indirect taxes including GST, fuel tax credit, stamp duty, payroll tax and luxury car tax.
- Provide advice on cutting edge indirect tax issues to a prestigious client base.
- Develop your client management skills through attending meetings and dealing directly with client queries.
- Receive excellent training, mentoring and support.
- Be part of a collaborative team environment.
What you need to succeed:
- To be considered for a position with us, you will be completing a dual degree in Business/Commerce degree and also a law degree by 2022;
- Have strong analytical, critical thinking, organisational skills and written skills;
- Have good time management and be willing to work between 15-20 hours a week;
- Collaborative personality who thrives in a team, as well as independently;
- Enthusiasm and receptiveness to ongoing feedback and mentoring;
- Applicants must be Australian/NZ Citizens or Australian/NZ Permanent Residents at time of application.
What we Offer:
Relationships, resources and responsiveness are the bedrock of our brand promise; and our commitment to delivering exceptional client service is what drives us - for every client - every day. We offer career development opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide.
We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- We identify a short-list of applicants we would like to interview and make contact with them
How to apply:
To submit your application please click Apply Now or for further information please contact Amishree Raivadera on 3237 5999. Your application should include a cover letter that clearly explains why you believe you have the skills needed to succeed in this role.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!
- Job type:Cadetships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Law
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:20th Dec 2019, 6:00 am