The BDO life
BDO is one of the world’s leading accountancy and advisory organisations with almost 75,000 people working out of 1,500 offices in 162 countries. At BDO, exceptional client service underpins our belief system and all aspects of service delivery to our clients. We provide a flexible working environment that encourages open communication and collaboration. There are continuous opportunities to learn, build strong relationships with diverse client groups and expand networks nationally and globally at all stages of your career.
We are very proud to be ranked in the 2019 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE and GradAustralia. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
About our Business Services team
What sets our Business Services specialists apart is their ability to provide exceptional personal service that results in strong relationships however large or small the organisation happens to be.
Their advice is based on a deep understanding of all stages of business growth and is underpinned by a wealth of knowledge and experience in a wide range of industry sectors and the ability to understand not only their clients’ business needs, but also their family needs and their personal wealth needs.
Our Business Services Vacation Program will give you the opportunity to:
- Get to know the Business Services team and the clients they’re all currently working on
- Receive exposure to a large variety of client industries & needs
- Get hands on experience in taxation structuring, planning, compliance & financial reporting
- Receive excellent mentoring and support over your Vacation Program period
- Work alongside a highly experienced and supportive team, and have the opportunity to grow your accounting skills in a professional services environment
To hear firsthand from our BDO Graduates please visit our Student Recruitment page - https://www.bdo.com.au/en-au/studentrecruitment/our-graduates
We welcome students who:
- Are in their second last year of a Business or Commerce degree, majoring in Accounting
- Display solid academic achievement
- Are an Australian or New Zealand Citizen or Permanent resident at time of application
- Are involved in extra-curricular activities
- Are a dynamic team player with an innovative approach to work and life
- Have motivation for continuous learning and development
What we offer
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills. We take pride in our health and wellbeing and workplace giving programs, as well as the range of social activities organised by each office. At BDO, we want you to enjoy what you do and the community of colleagues and clients you work with.
In addition to an industry competitive salary package, BDO offers a culture that emphasises career growth, professional development, collaborative culture, workplace flexibility and global opportunities.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
What happens once you apply:
- You will receive an email confirming receipt of your application
- Each application we receive is reviewed by the People and Culture team
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an Assessment Centre – You will receive an invitation, via email, if successful by Thursday, 5 September 2019.
- For successful applicants our Assessment Centres will be scheduled on Tuesday, 10 September 2019.
How to apply
To submit your application for the BDO Business Services Vacation Program, please click on the Apply Now button below. Applications close 5pm on Friday, 30 August 2019.
Make sure to apply for any other service lines you are interested in through our Job board!
- Job type:Internships
Accounting, Business and Commerce, Engineering, Law
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent...
- Closing Date:30th Aug 2019, 7:00 am