BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. As one of the world’s leading audit and accounting organisations, we have clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors.
Our values are at the core of who we are and how we work with each other and with our clients. These values are the foundation of what we deliver , IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST. This isabout delivering ideas and advice that create value; quality-driven people who are motivated by providing exceptional client service; and being trusted to get the job done.
About the team
We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2019-2020 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA) and to be ranked in the 2021 Top Graduate Employer lists by AAGE, GradAustralia and GradConnection. Our graduates are extremely important to us, as we recognise their potential to become our firm’s future leaders.
BDO’s Private Wealth practice strives to deliver high quality, tailored wealth management solutions and advice, to help clients meet their financial and lifestyle goals. Our highly experienced and qualified planners provide creation and protection of wealth solutions for a broad range of clients including individuals, families, executives, professionals and business owners.
We are seeking a recent Financial Planning graduate or final year student who wants to develop their career in a nurturing and welcoming professional services environment. Our collaborative, open-door culture allows you the opportunity, early on in your career, to build relationships with clients and expand your network nationally and globally.
Reporting to the Director, Private Wealth, your focus will be the delivery of client service processes to ensure licensee compliance requirements and the highest standard of client service delivery are met.
In addition to an industry competitive hourly rate, this role offers a degree of flexibility in terms of when you work, and can be available on a full time or part time basis.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client service communication – client preparation, meeting follow ups and client queries
- Inducting clients – oversee client paperwork, assist with lodgements, paperwork preparation and service agreement clarification
- Ensure client files are compliant and assist with regular audit processes
- Research – new business research and implementation (liaise with investment platforms, insurance providers etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key personnel within BDO
- Administration support
- Client advice including preparing Statement of Advice documentation, produce reports as required and
Life at BDO
We offer the professional opportunities, personal fulfilment, and long-term growth that only a growing global firm like BDO can provide. We are committed to your ongoing development to build your technical, advisory, leadership, and management skills.
At BDO, we value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. As a firm, we are committed to a diverse, flexible and inclusive culture, where everyone can be themselves at work in an environment that brings out the best in them and their colleagues.
Whilst we are looking for people who are dedicated and driven, we like to have some balance. We offer a number of additional benefits including:
- Access to personalised support through our employee assistance program and corporate wellness program, BWell
- Flu shots and massages
- Sporting competitions and events
- Our BDO social club organise regular events, such as team bonding days, and trivia nights
- Casual Fridays, Friday night drinks, monthly morning teas, and of course the annual EOFY and Christmas parties
- Corporate memberships and discounts for travel, gym membership and health insurance.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Have completed or in your final year of your Bachelor of Business (Major in Financial Planning) or a similar degree
- Have technical knowledge of the financial planning industry and ensure it is maintained or expanded
- Ideally have data entry experience using financial planning software (XPLAN preferred) (not essential)
- Possess fantastic communication and interpersonal skills
- Have motivation for continuous learning
- Be a dynamic team player who can complement our diverse and energetic team, while also having the ability to work alone when required
- Passionate about delivering exceptional client service
- Outstanding attention to detail
What happens after you apply?
- You will receive an email confirming our receipt of your application.
- Each application is reviewed individually by a member of our People & Culture team.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview.
- All applicants will be updated throughout the process as to the progress of their application.
To find out more information about our Graduate opportunities and what it’s like to work at BDO please visit:
Should you have any further enquiries about starting your career with BDO please email us at [email protected]
IDEAS | PEOPLE | TRUST
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident
- Closing Date:26th Mar 2021, 12:59 pm