- Team up with the brightest mentors and leaders to further develop your skills and help your career take flight
- Join a community which welcomes your individuality, ideas, passion and drive
- Be part of a modern, progressive, innovative and technologically advanced firm
BDO is a trusted adviser to clients looking for audit, tax and advisory services. BDO (NTH QLD) is the leading full service firm in North Queensland, with a team of eight Partners and over 65 staff. We service clients of all types and sizes across an array of industry sectors, providing you with diverse experiences and a rewarding career.
Student Careers at BDO
As our business continues to grow, we are looking for aspiring professionals to join our team. Vacationers are the future leaders of our firm and our Vacation Program is the talent pipeline to our Graduate Program.
During the Vacation program you will be supported and mentored by our experienced team of professionals. You will be immersed in our culture, exposed to different areas of our business, allocated a supportive buddy and provided with practical and valuable real client work experience, helping you to identify what your interests are and where your graduate career path may take you. It's a great opportunity to experience the BDO culture first-hand while working as part of the team, and to start building professional relationships.
Hear from some of our Vacationers about their own career journeys and what it's really like to work at BDO by viewing our employee stories.
What you need to succeed
You will be an undergraduate student in your penultimate year of university and completing a Bachelor of Business / Commerce (Accounting) degree as well as have the right to work in Australia on an ongoing basis. You will also possess the following qualities:
- Commitment to providing exceptional client service at all times
- Confidence in your communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid academic achievement
- Strong work ethic
- Teamwork skills and problem solving abilities
- High levels of attention to detail
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications
- Previous work experience
- Involvement in extracurricular and professional development activities
- Motivation for continuous learning.
We are committed to providing and supporting a culture where you have the ability to thrive. As a firm, we embrace an inclusive culture and value the difference and unique perspective of every individual. We are proud to be named an Inclusive Employer for 2021-2022 by Diversity Council Australia (DCA). Our future leaders are important to us. We've been recognised by @GradConnection as a Top 10 finalist of two awards categories: Most Popular Accounting, Professional Services, and Consulting Employer, and Most Popular Internship Employer, as well as, being recognised by AAGE as a Top 100 Graduate Employer for 2022.
How to apply and what to expect
Our recruitment process will ensure you experience an efficient and personalised experience.
- To apply, submit your application below along with a copy of your academic transcript
- If you have been shortlisted, our team will contact you to invite you to complete an online video interview
- You will attend a face-to-face interview and complete background checks
- Offer - We are excited to welcome you to BDO and start your career journey!
Please note that all applicants will be updated via email on the progress of their application throughout the recruitment process.
To keep up to date with recruitment opportunities, events and more please follow the BDO Nth Qld Facebook page.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Working...
- Start Date
16 January 2023
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:23rd Aug 2022, 1:59 pm