Beaufort and Skipton Health Service (BSHS) is a rural health service that provides urgent care, community health, medical services, acute care and residential aged care in integrated units at Beaufort and Skipton. This position across both campuses.
An exciting opportunity exists for three candidates to join our Graduate Nurse Program for 2022 on a fixed term, part time contract.
The exceptional program commences in January 2022, and concludes January 2023.
Why apply at BSHS for your Transition to Practice year?
At BSHS we take only 3 graduates for the year which allow for us to tailor your clinical experiences to meet your areas of interests and ensure your growth as a registered nurse. We have a focus on leadership and time management by providing the opportunity for the graduate to work in a variety of areas. Both Beaufort and Skipton campuses allow for experiences in residential care, sub-acute, acute and urgent care nursing.
BSHS strive for the graduate to:
- Consolidate and extend their experience in the delivery of health care that is person focused
- Work effectively within a multidisciplinary team
- Collaborate with other health services, building connections and networks
- Use reflective practice to enhance learning opportunities with the aim of developing critical thinking skills
- Be able to accept and work with effective feedback to improve practice
- Begin to develop leadership skills
- Interact with students
The Transition to Practice (TTP) program includes:
- Orientation at both Beaufort and Skipton Health Service and Ballarat Health Services (BHS)
- Initial 1 week study block at BHS
- 3 rotations, one at each of Skipton, Beaufort and Ballarat Health Service
- Supernumerary time at the commencement of each rotation
- Attendance at study days run through BHS with graduates from other health services
- Participation in the Care of the Older Person program (COOPs)
- Support from clinical staff and education department
What is the COOPs program?
The COOPs program is a specialty TTP program for graduate nurses that examines the specific health needs that are applicable to the over 65 year old person is all health settings. It works on the understanding that we have an ageing population that needs to have appropriate health care whether in acute, community, residential, or emergency care.
Employment Conditions: candidates must have current APHRA registration, and successful completion of a Bachelors of Nursing Degree from an Australian University.
The successful applicants will be eligible to participate in a generous salary-packaging program on offer.
Beaufort and Skipton Health Service is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to attracting and retaining a diverse workforce that reflects the community we serve.
For further information regarding the program, including frequently asked questions and application requirements please visit our career page at www.bshs.org.au
Applications are to be posted in hard copy to the Beaufort campus and must include:
- An application letter outlining career objectives
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of 2nd and 3rd year placement assessments
- Minimum of 2 professional referees from clinical placements
- Certified copy of academic transcript
- A passport photo
Please send completed applications to:
Kim Stevens - Learning and Development Manager Beaufort and Skipton Health Service
28 Havelock Street
Beaufort, VIC 3373
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm