Bestchance is a not-for-profit organisation with a mission to create stronger communities, healthier families and happier childhoods. We do this by offering a range of services that centre on education, care and inclusion. As a values based employer, bestchance educators are provided with mentoring, advice and support to extend their practice and achieve their professional goals.
In your role as Early Childhood Teacher you are able to collaborate with bestchance Children’s Therapy services, including allied health practitioners to support childhood development, and Family Support workers who provide emergency relief and referral pathways, to support the children and their families.
About the Opportunity
With the roll out of funded 3 year old kindergarten from 2022 onwards and ongoing 4 year old kindergarten service delivery bestchance Early Years is seeking passionate and positive Early Childhood Teachers who have recently graduated or are about to graduate to lead a 3 year old group within one of our many kindergarten programs across Victoria.
We currently have opportunities available within the Cardinia Shire, Dandenong and Wyndham Local Government Areas either for an immediate start or commencing from Term 1 2022 for those who are yet to graduate. We have a range of session times with face to face contact time plus additional hours of Non-contact/Planning time that can be scheduled in consultation with the successful applicant. Your employment conditions and remuneration will be in line with the Victorian Early Childhood Teachers and Educators Agreement.
What's in it for you?
· Generous Salary Packaging - as a not-for-profit organisation we are able to offer our employees attractive salary packaging benefits which will reduce your income tax and increase your take home pay. For example - a part time employee who earns $40,000 p.a could potentially salary package up to $18,550 worth of living expenses and take home an additional $4,730 per annum. (For more information go to: smartsalary.com.au)
· Development Opportunities to support you and your professional journey
· Friendly and collaborative environment
· We offer Flexible Work Arrangements
· Paid Parental Leave - we offer 14 weeks paid parental leave for early childhood educators who are employed in Kindergartens under the VECTEA Agreement
· Professional Counselling - we offer all employees access to our employee wellbeing program· In addition to all the usual remuneration and amenities, we have a genuine commitment to encouraging staff development and wellbeing. For more information please visit our website: https://www.bestchance.org.au/careers/
How to apply?
To apply please email [email protected] with a copy of your resume along with a covering letter which addresses the Key Selection criteria below and identifies which Local Government Area you are interested in working within.
Key Selection Criteria:
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to plan, provide and evaluate an inclusive child centred play based program, supportive of children’s interests and strengths and aligned to approved frameworks and best practice in early childhood pedagogy
• Current knowledge of early childhood education theory and practice, and National and State Legislation as it relates to early years education and care • Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with children, families and professionals
• Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and motivate staff, and to work as part of a team
• Sound time management and administrative skills
• Demonstrated ability to form effective partnerships with other professionals and the local community
Please see below for a copy of the full position description: Job Description Document Template
bestchance is a child safe and equal opportunity employer. We are committed to child safety and have zero tolerance of child abuse. Applicants should be aware that we carry out Working with Children, Police Records and reference checks to ensure that we are recruiting the right people
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Work rights:
- 583 Ferntree Gully Road, Glen Waverley, Victoria, 3150Locations:
- Closing Date:30th Jun 2021, 12:59 pm