Imagine a job with meaning, one that resonates with your inner values. Be rewarded for your effort with ongoing training & development and the opportunity to make a difference every day. Imagine a graduate opportunity on the beautiful Thursday Island. A colourful island paradise, rich with culture and history. Excellent support, career development opportunities and subsidized accommodation onsite for individuals and possibly couples!
We are currently looking for a Graduate Nurse to join our team located at Star of the Sea Elders Village located on Thursday Island! The role will be in a Part Time Fixed Term capacity, 30 hours per week for 1 year.
Our Graduate Nurses are given the opportunity of a lifetime working for an organisation with superb career and developmental opportunities that is known for making a difference to the lives of residents, clients and their families.
Our exceptional program also offers:
- Opportunity to develop and enhance your nursing skills over the course of a year.
- Salary remuneration as well as attractive salary packaging benefits
- 2 weeks of supernumerary time to help develop your confidence in applying knowledge and skills to clinical practice
- Paid study days that have been tailor made to equip the graduate nurse with knowledge and skills required to navigate both the residential aged and community care environment
To be eligible for this fantastic opportunity you will need:
- Obtained a Bachelors of Nursing Degree from an Australian University within the last 12 months
- Registered as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA
- An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident of Australia
- Committed to work within Blue Care’s mission and values
- Genuine desire to pursue a career in the aged care setting
- Be able to adapt to a flexible shift rostering system
If you are keen to apply, please supply the following information:
- Cover letter and resume
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or permanent residence
- Bachelor of Nursing qualification (if completed)
- Academic transcripts for your Bachelor of Nursing Degree
- Clinical Summaries from two of your placements
- Proof of Registered Nurse AHPRA registration
If you are looking for a rewarding role where you can truly make a difference and progress your career while enjoying yourself along the way, we want to hear from you!
Submitting your application is easy, click on the ‘apply’ button and follow the prompts.
Thank you for showing interest in Blue Care’s Graduate Nurse Program. If you require further information please feel free to email [email protected] [link removed]
Our process includes undergoing a Federal Police check and some positions will require you to complete an online medical assessment. We pay for both of these and it’s an easy process. You also need full working rights for Australia.
We work hard to make our services welcoming and safe for every person. We are united in keeping children, young people and the elderly safe from harm, within our services, workplaces and the communities we support. We are committed to speaking up loudly for their safety.
Through our values UnitingCare are proud of our teams diversity, we believe in the strength of a diverse and inclusive workforce to help us achieve the best outcomes for the communities in which we operate and serve. We highly encourage applications from people who identify as a part of the Australian Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Community.
UnitingCare adheres to state and Commonwealth directions regarding mandatory vaccination requirements within Residential Aged Care Facilities. Applicants must meet the vaccination requirements applicable or be willing to obtain should they be the successful candidate.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Health, Nursing and Midwifery
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:4th Oct 2021, 12:59 pm