At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Aerostructures Australia (BAA) is Australia's industry leader in design and manufacture of composite flight-control components for commercial aircraft, including the 737, 747, 777, and 787 models. Our collaborative work environment and talented and diverse workforce fuel a common passion for improving peoples' lives through increased global mobility with our iconic planes.
We are seeking 2 x Graduate Manufacturing Engineers to join our team based in Port Melbourne. We are looking for a motivated individuals driven by the desire to achieve in a high technology industry, someone who will embrace our company’s values and is willing to innovate.
The Manufacturing Engineer will be assigned to the ATS Production Engineering team responsible for developing and improving manufacturing processes by studying the product and manufacturing methods by applying best practices and innovative techniques to manufacturing processes. The Manufacturing Engineer will also provide technical input and assessments to design review, production methodologies and inspection/quality processes.
- Personally develop a high level of expertise in Manufacturing Engineering and its application to aircraft manufacturing
- Develop Production System Design and build plan documentation in 3D Experience and DELMIA
- Develop the digital thread from engineering to work instructions
- Compile work instructions for assembly operations
- Problem solving technical issues
- Day to day shop floor support
- Provide ME input into product design to ensure that product is optimized for manufacture
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, specializing in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Chemical or Materials Processing Engineering will be highly regarded
- Sufficient knowledge of other related aerospace engineering disciplines to allow their integration within a design activity
- Currency in new emerging technologies, and the ability to foster knowledge and abilities in these technologies within the Engineering group
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and Lean principles and practices highly desirable
Please note that applicants must be Australian Citizens in order to meet Defence security clearance requirements.
If you are intrigued by the opportunity to shape the future of aerospace and composite structures in this dynamic graduate role, we welcome your application.
This is an Enterprise Agreement position classified as Engineer / Scientist 1A. The successful candidate will be required to complete pre-employment checks and a 3 month probationary period.
Our Engineering team is involved in research and development, structural design and manufacture of a range of Boeing aircraft components, including components for the 737, 747, 777, and 787. The role offers the opportunity to work on some of the world's largest aerospace projects. Training and development along with an attractive remuneration package is on offer for graduates who meet our high performance standards.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:5th Jul 2021, 1:59 pm