About the Opportunity
At BP, we find, develop and produce energy resources every day – energy that’s behind the products that keep us all moving. It’s an exciting place to be. But for us to do what we do, we rely on a vast team of people, all contributing their talents to make our business come together. As a leading provider of oil and gas, you’ll get involved with an interesting variety of projects using cutting-edge innovations and technologies from day one. With specialist training, mentor scheme and your buddy to help you get settled, a Graduate engineering role at BP offers all the support you need to give your career the best possible start.
As a BP engineering Graduate and you’ll play a vital role in our Kwinana refinery operations. Under the guidance of highly trained experts, you’ll get to learn how we safely refine, process and transport the resources that keep the world moving. In 2020 we have Graduate opportunities in the following engineering disciplines:
- Chemical Engineering & Chemistry, Kwinana Western Australia
- Electrical Engineering, Kwinana Western Australia
You will benefit from a structured program of work with real responsibility, plus on-the- job learning and development training to suit your role. You’ll be valued, included and respected and we’ll provide you with on-going support to realise your full potential.
We look for Graduates with well-rounded life experience. Your strong academic results will be supported by some work experience - everything from volunteer to customer service to industry experience is great! You’ll have strong organisational skills and the ability to deliver results in a collaborative environment. Your agility to learn and adapt will be key, along the energy and leadership qualities to make the most of this fantastic opportunity. To be eligible for our program you will:
- be an Australian or NZ citizen or Australian permanent resident at the time of application
- have academic results of credit average (65) or above
- be in your final year of study
- be studying a relevant degree type
About the benefits
BP offers you a collaborative work culture and a company that lives and breathes our values of Safety, Respect, Excellence, Courage and One Team. We have a commitment to developing and rewarding you with a competitive salary package, including:
- Generous base salary, 12% superannuation, 10% annual bonus (based on personal and company performance), 25% fuel discount, employee share plan and more.
- Additional day of annual leave per year.
- 2 days leave annually to volunteer with an organisation of your choice, perhaps work with one of our key partners OzHarvest or the McGrath Foundation or volunteer at the UniSport Indigenous Nationals Games.
- Employee recognition program, earning points from your stakeholders and peers which can be redeemed for products, experiences or gift vouchers.
BP is an equal opportunity employer supporting inclusion and diversity in our workforce. BP encourages women, people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage and people of diverse backgrounds to apply. To learn more, visit: www.bp.com/grads/au and apply using our Degree Matcher.
Located approximately 35km south-west of Perth, the Kwinana Refinery started operations in 1955. It is the only oil refinery in Western Australia and, with a crude refining capacity of 146 KBD, it is the largest oil refinery in Australia. The refinery employs about 450 staff and, when in steady-state operations, about 300 contractors. On-going investment in refining technology has resulted in it being Australia’s most flexible refinery, capable of producing cleaner fuels such as BP Ultimate. Through manufactured products or imports, the refinery supplies most of Western Australia’s fuel needs.
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business and...
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
- Closing Date:22nd Mar 2019, 6:00 am