At bp, we have one thing on our mind – the energy of tomorrow. We’re helping the world get to net zero with the ambition of being a net zero company by 2050 and our Graduates are integral to achieving this. As future leaders and technical experts, we need fresh thinking, curiosity, and a solution focus mindset to reimagine energy. That’s where you come in!
We bring with us over 100 years of experience steeped in the world of energy. More than a century defined by two core commodities, oil and gas, brings us to a pivotal point where we are transforming from an international oil company producing resources to an integrated energy company delivering solutions for customers. We want to move fast but will do so with real discipline and care – keeping our focus on safety and performance while we transform, delivering long-term value for our stakeholders. Our Graduates help build an agile, innovative, and efficient bp; a purpose-driven, digitally enabled, fully integrated organization.
About the Program
You’ll be undergoing a world-class 2-year program with choice, flexibility, and wellbeing at its heart. Our hybrid workplace will enable you to enjoy work-life balance as we place trust in our team to deliver results working from home and the office.
- A ‘real job’ with ‘real accountability’ in two diverse role rotations with additional project experiences, tailored to build your capability
- An immersive and supportive onboarding program in your first few months providing the opportunity to build strong relationships with your cohort, a buddy to help guide your first weeks & a mentor to help with your long-term career goals
- Quality formal and informal training and development activities that build your technical and non-technical skillset
- The opportunity to build a strong network of local and international peers, senior leaders and technical experts who will help guide you
- A competitive salary package, access to fuel discount, bonus and share program
As a Commercial graduate you
- Enjoy problem solving – in life, you use your analytical skills and love of numbers to identify solutions, finding value and cost savings
- Have a natural negotiation style, ability to maintain strong relationships
- Have an eye for data & analytics and enjoy the insights they provide
- Have a resilient mindset and ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Commercial awareness: economic modeling, cost modeling, business case development, project management (desirable)
- It’s likely you’re studying a degree in Commerce or business – and very desirable if you are studying a double degree in Commerce/Business and Science/Engineering
Examples of the varied positions our previous commercial graduates are in now: Asset Economist, Business Advisor, Commercial Development Manager, Finance Analyst, Products Trader, Optimization Analyst.
You are passionate about reimagining energy for people and our planet. You’ll bring well-rounded life experience, and your strong academic results will be supported by some work experience, everything from customer service to industry experience is great! We know you’re early in your career – we don’t expect you to be an expert.
To be eligible for this program you are
- In your final year of study or graduated and open to graduate roles
- An Australian/New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident
About the Benefits
- Competitive Salary Package + bp Superannuation Plan
- Excellent Work-Life Balance & Flexible Working Arrangements
- Collaborative Environment that Celebrates Achievements, Diversity & Culture
- Career Development and Mentoring Programs in a Global Organisation
- Convenient Location in a Newly Refurbished Office in Docklands next to Southern Cross
- Barista Training (Make Your Coffee on Our Café Quality Machines!)
Opportunities are available in Melbourne and Perth.
Applications will close by 28 August 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm