At bp, we have one thing on our mind – the energy of tomorrow. We’re helping the world get to net zero with the ambition of being a net zero company by 2050 and our Graduates are integral to achieving this. As future leaders and technical experts, we need fresh thinking, curiosity, and a solution focus mindset to reimagine energy. That’s where you come in!
Our Graduates help build an agile, innovative, and efficient bp; a purpose-driven, digitally enabled, fully integrated organization. As our business is so diverse, so are the types of people we employ, from engineers and geologists out in the field, to IT professionals, research scientists, financial traders and retail workers. Because of this, our teams come from all kinds of different cultures and backgrounds – so a career in our People & Culture space will always going to be exciting, challenging, and full of incredible opportunities.
About the Program
You’ll be undergoing a world-class multi-year program with choice, flexibility, and wellbeing at its heart. Our hybrid workplace will enable you to enjoy work-life balance as we place trust in our team to deliver results working from home and the office.
- A ‘real job’ with ‘real accountability’ in two diverse role rotations with additional project experiences, tailored to build your capability
- An immersive and supportive onboarding program, a buddy to help guide your first weeks & a mentor to help with your long-term career goals
- Formal and informal training and development activities that build your technical and non-technical skillset
- The opportunity to build a strong network of local and international peers, senior leaders and technical experts who will help guide and mentor you
- A competitive salary package, access to fuel discount, bonus and share program.
As a People & Culture Graduate you
Will gain experience in:
- People & Culture data management and analysis
- Policy interpretation
- HRIS and payroll systems implementation and improvements
- Support developing and implementing diversity & inclusion initiatives
- People administration and processes
Will gain exposure in:
- Salary planning
- Employee relations
- Performance management
- Talent management
- Change management
- Leadership development
We believe in hiring people with the right core competencies and interests, rather than specific technical experience. That’s why, when it comes to our P&C Graduate Programme, we welcome applicants from a range of academic subject backgrounds.
Most importantly, we’re looking for people who have a real passion to work in a global business, and a drive to support the people aspects of our business agenda. To be successful, you must have the ability to work on your own initiative and be able to work cooperatively as part of a team. You’ll have a keen eye for detail, excellent written, verbal communication and numeracy skills, and the ability to plan and prioritize your workload.
You are passionate about reimagining energy for people and our planet. You’ll bring well-rounded life experience, and your strong academic results will be supported by some work experience, everything from customer service to industry experience is great! We know you’re early in your career – we don’t expect you to be an expert.
To be eligible for this program you are:
- In your final year of study or graduated and open to graduate roles
- An Australian/New Zealand citizenship or permanent resident
About the Benefits
- Competitive Salary Package + bp Superannuation Plan
- Excellent Work-Life Balance & Flexible Working Arrangements
- Collaborative Environment that Celebrates Achievements, Diversity & Culture
- Career Development and Mentoring Programs in a Global Organisation
- Convenient Location in a Newly Refurbished Office in Docklands
- Barista Training (Make Your Coffee on Our Café Quality Machines!)
Opportunities are available in Melbourne.
Applications will close by 28 August 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Arts and Humanities, Business and Commerce,...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Work from home:
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- POSITION START DATE
Jan 2023 (approx)
- Closing Date:28th Aug 2022, 12:59 pm