An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Graduate Desktop Support Administrator to help diagnose, resolve and escalate issues that arise across the company. In this role you will gain exposure to challenges across various leading-edge technologies, both hardware and software, and will have numerous opportunities for personal growth, development and be recognised for your achievements.
Reporting to the IT Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
First point of contact for all IT queries
Configure, install, and support desktop hardware
Relocating end-user hardware and setting up audio/visual equipment
Collaboration with wider team on wiping and cleaning of asset returns
Routine backups, file transfers, emails and server administration (with support)
User administration via active directories
To be successful in this role you need:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent IT Certificate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distinguish between business and technical audiences
- Strong ability to learn new products and systems quickly
- Sound knowledge of basic hardware diagnosis and repair of Windows-based PCs
- Excellent customer service skills, with a reputation for resolving IT queries in a helpful, friendly way.
- Have a positive and proactive attitude.
What we offer you:
We’re passionate about what we do, holding ourselves accountable to standards of excellence while celebrating our successes along the way. Our people are at the heart of our business. We work hard to provide a rich employee experience and a robust framework for ongoing career development.
- Competitive salary and employee benefits scheme
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- Complimentary fitness classes including, Yoga, Pilates and HITT
- Parental (including secondary) leave policy
- Newly renovated offices that inspire Agile and collaborative ways of working
- Being a software house, we have a strong push for the latest and greatest in technology
About Bravura Solutions
At Bravura Solutions, collaboration, diversity and excellence matter. We value your ideas, giving you room to be curious and innovate in an exciting, faced-paced and flexible environment. Collaborate, learn and grow alongside some of the most experienced people in the industry and influence how we help power the world’s financial institutions for today and tomorrow.
As a market leader and ASX 200 company, we are a trusted partner to over 350 leading financial services clients. We invest significantly in our technology hubs and innovation labs, which inspire and drive our creative, future-focused mindset. We take pride in developing cutting-edge technology solutions that support our clients to achieve financial security and prosperity for their customers.
How to apply:
If you’re passionate about IT and a great weekend for you includes taking apart and rebuilding computers, then this is the role is for you! Please apply online today as we don't always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
- Job type:Entry Level Jobs
Computer Science, Cyber Security, Data Science...
- Work rights:
Australian Permanent Resident, New Zealand...
- Closing Date:16th Jun 2021, 1:59 pm