Applications open - Now
Applications close - 31 December 2019
Offers of employment - Mid year through to the start of the new school year
HOW TO APPLY
We'd love the opportunity to get to know you. Once you complete your profile, we'll contact you for any further information we need to assess your eligibility. The more information you provide, the better chance we have identifying suitable vacancies for you.
- Graduating from a preservice education degree in 2019
- Catholic - applicable to all primary teachers and secondary teachers involved in teaching Religious Education subjects (Refer to Anti-Discrimination Legislation)
- Eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment
- Eligible to hold registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (QCT) on commencement with BCE
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility for this process, please do not hesitate to contact Recruitment Services on 07 3033 7608 or [email protected]
HOW TO MAKE YOURSELF MORE EMPLOYABLE
You will need to provide a range of documents throughout the program to support your application. You may be required to upload these to your profile during the assessment process, provide them at your school-based interview or upon commencement. It is recommended you organise these in advance where possible.
- Proof of Australian Citizenship or eligibility to work within Australia for the duration of your appointment
- Academic Transcripts
- Professional Experience/Practicum Teaching Reports (suggested naming convention: PracReport_EndDate)
- Other qualifications (if applicable)
- Current Registration with the Queensland College of Teachers (when available)
- Marriage Certificate or Decree Nisi (only applicable to verify name changes)
- Written referee report (details below)
NB: Final Academic transcripts and Practicum reports may not be available at the time of application. You may be asked to provide these at a later date in the program.
Two referees are essential to your success:
- Professional Referee - the contact details of someone who can speak to your teaching ability, such as a supervisor or mentor teacher
- Confidential Graduate Teacher Character Reference - a written report by someone who can speak to your commitment to the Catholic ethos and values, and membership of the Catholic faith. This can either be uploaded to your profile or sent directly to Brisbane Catholic Education by your referee.
Who can complete the Confidential Graduate Teacher Character Reference?
- Ideally a parish Priest
- The Principal or Assistant Principal Religious Education (APRE) from the school where you have completed a prac placement
- A representative from a church or charity group you have worked with
- Anyone who can comment on your suitability as a Teacher for Brisbane Catholic Education
There will be two interviews:
- Online Interview - If you are eligible for the Graduate Teacher Program, you will be invited to complete an online interview
- School Based Interview - When a vacancy has been identified, if shortlisted, you may be invited to attend an interview with the Principal as the school.
Applicants are generally evaluated across a range of areas in the employment process:
- Graduate Teacher Talent Community Profile
- Academic Results
- Practicum Reports
- Video Interview
- Face to Face Interview
- Availability of positions
For further information visit www.bcegraduates.qld.edu.au