CareerDC charges a fee for the coordination of each internship program. You will get a tailored resume, interview training, unlimited interviews, access to our network of host companies, an internship placement relevant to your studies, an accredited WIL course and support during your internship.
Gain valuable knowledge and skills that will help you along in your chosen future profession in Accounting. Learn practical and technical skills needed in the accounting industry.
The Accounting Internship Program is designed for accounting students who want work experience with local businesses and get academic credit for the internship.
The internship program is a great option if you are an international student in Australia and want to get Australian work experience and improve your work readiness and professional skills. The internship program is also open to domestic students.
If your degree does not have an internship component, or if you have recently graduated, you can enrol in the Accounting Internship Program and combine it with an accredited Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program.
To give you some examples, the host companies include:
- a security and safety consulting firm,
- a firm of business consultants and tax agents, and
- a business advisory company.
As another example, and depending on your host company, your internship could include any combination of the following types of tasks and experiences:
- Gaining skills in accurate accounting data recording.
- Learning about the bookkeeping process to ensure financial records are up-to-date and accurate.
- Experiencing processing invoices and payments for accounts payable.
- Learning about Australian financial standards and regulations.
- Learning about compliance, including reporting, auditing and analysis.,
- Getting experience in preparing statements and invoices and working with bookkeeping software.
- Getting experience in preparing business activity statements and bank reconciliation.
- Learning about account maintenance and customer advice.
- Developing your communication skills by answering queries and advising clients and vendors.
The internship program is facilitated by CareerDC, work experience placement coordinators. We have been helping students get internships since 2011. The internship will be matched to meet your internship needs and preferences, including the total length of the internship, start date and location.
Apply now with your resume and contact CareerDC for full details about the Accounting Internship Program, how it works, and what is included.
There is a coordination fee that comes with the internship program and the internship placement.
To apply and to get full details on the program and what is included, send your CV to CareerDC.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
- Program duration
- accepts international
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2023, 12:59 pm