CareerDC Internships charge a fee for the coordination of each internship program. You will get a tailored resume, interview training, unlimited interviews, access to our network of host companies, an internship placement relevant to your studies, an accredited WIL course and support during your internship.
Here’s an opportunity to get involved in a variety of projects and collaborate with and learn from experienced architects and designers.
The Architecture Internship Program is designed to help architectural students in Australia get practical experience with local businesses. It's a great option for students who want industry work experience and academic credit for the internship. It’s suitable for international students in Australia as well as domestic students.
If you have already graduated from your studies or if an internship is not part of your study requirements, you can still apply for the internship program and combine it with an accredited Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program.
To give you some examples, the Architecture internship host companies include:
- a company that specialises in residential, cultural and commercial designs,
- a business that specialises in designing floodproof houses and unique houses tailored to their clients’ needs,
- a design and project management firm, and
- an established architectural service specialising in town planning.
To give you further examples, and depending on your host company, your Architecture internship experience could include any combination of the following learning experiences:
- Hands-on experience in managing design projects from concept development through to completion.
- Developing and presenting project proposals. Preparing drawings, blueprints, specifications, and construction documents.
- Complying with safety standards and local planning regulations.
- Assisting with research and coordination of materials and products for project specifications.
- Using computer-assisted design software and equipment to prepare project designs and plans.
- Planning and programming layout of project(s).
- Getting experience in designing in Sketch Up and AutoCAD, Revit, etc.
The Internship Program is facilitated by CareerDC, work experience placement coordinators. We have been assisting students get work experience since 2011 by connecting them with local internship host companies.
The internship will be matched with your internship needs and preferences, including start date and location.
Apply now with your resume and contact CareerDC for details about the Architecture Internship Program, how it works, and what is included.
- The internship program comes with a coordination fee.
- To apply and to get full details on the program, how it works and what is included, send your resume to CareerDC.
- Job type:Internships
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:21st Nov 2023, 12:00 pm