CareerDC Internships charge a fee for the coordination of each internship program. You will get a tailored resume, interview training, unlimited interviews, access to our network of host companies, an internship placement relevant to your studies, an accredited WIL course and support during your internship.
Get industry work experience in civil/structural engineering with an Australian company and develop your technical and interpersonal skills.
The Civil/Structural Engineering Internship Program is a good option for you if you are an engineering student in Australia and you want local work experience and academic credit for the internship.
It’s ideal for international engineering students in Australia who need practical local work experience with Australian companies.
If you are a recent graduate or a student whose university degree does not contain an internship component, you can still apply for the internship program. In that case, you would combine it with an accredited Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program.
The internship program is facilitated by CareerDC, work experience placement coordinators. We have been assisting students to get study-related work experience since 2011 by connecting students with host companies.
To give you some examples, the internship host companies include:
- A local building and civil construction company that specialises in geotechnical engineering and environmental consultation;
- A structural/civil engineering company that specialises in project management in industrial, residential, and commercial development;
- A company that provides structural engineering services to builders and homeowners.
As another example, and depending on your host company, your internship could include any combination of the following types of tasks and learning experiences:
- Reviewing building codes, zoning ordinances, and other relevant regulations;
- Assisting with data collection on physical factors such as terrain, weather patterns, and seismic activity that could impact construction projects
- Gaining hands-on experience in preparing sketches and drawings of proposed construction projects, including layouts of streets or buildings;
- Experience coordinating with architects and other designers to ensure that plans meet the needs of the client while meeting government regulations;
- Learning about project budgets, cost estimation reporting and cost forecasting in both project and tender stages;
- Using a range of computer software for developing detailed designs;
- Assisting with the assessment of the sustainability and environmental impact of projects;
- Assisting designers in various works using AutoCAD;
- Learning about preparing typical drawings for different structures related to a project.
Apply now with your resume to get the full details and what is included in the internship program.
The internship program has a coordination fee that also covers the internship placement.
To apply and to get full details on the program and how it works, send your resume to CareerDC.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering Civil Structural
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Program duration
- accepts international
- Closing Date:26th Dec 2023, 12:59 pm