CareerDC coordinates internship programs by connecting students with host organisations all over Australia.
The internships, which are practical work-placement programs designed to provide the intern with professional practice in ICT with the aim of providing industry specific opportunities is to enable the intern to develop skills that will enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful employment, building the student’s career and starting their future.
In this day and age, technology is everywhere in every form possible. The digital age has changed the way we live, work and socialise today. As technology continues to play an increasingly significant role in our modern lives, organisations are seeking experts in the field to achieve their goals.
Through the internship, students will gain a stronger understanding in computing fundamentals that allows them to help host organisations tackle the fast changing pace of IT as well as achieve their goals.
The internship placement could provide students with projects and responsibilities that focuses on information system designs and management while having a close link with the related industry:
- Supervision by specialist information systems that can give insights about careers in the information and communications technology (ICT) industry
- Integrate university learning in business analytics, business programming, data analysis, enterprise systems, network security as well as strengthening understanding in business fundamentals and management
- Developing personal skills and practical training in implementing information technology solutions for organisations.
- Identify industry qualifications such as the accreditation by the Australian Computer Society.
An internship placement in information systems can potentially provide global opportunities in one of the fastest growing industries. The valuable experiences gained can create exposure for students to a diverse market, how businesses operate more efficiently using the varied tools to interact and form relationships with customers and business partners.
Job and career prospects
As a soon-to-graduate IS student, whether you are business savvy or just realising the high demand in global industries, here are some potential job opportunities that you can look in while discovering your interests during the internship placement:
- Business analyst
- IS/IT architects
- IS/IT consultant
- IT infrastructure developers
- Management consultant
- Network developers
- Systems analyst
- Technical manager
- Job type:Internships
Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident,...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 1:59 pm