CareerDC Internships charge a fee for the coordination of each internship program. You will get a tailored resume, interview training, unlimited interviews, access to our network of host companies, an internship placement relevant to your studies, an accredited WIL course and support during your internship.
Get hands-on work experience as you apply what you’ve learned in your university to real-world engineering tasks and challenges and experience working alongside seasoned engineers and other established professionals.
The Mechanical Engineering Internship Program is designed for international engineering students in Australia to gain local work experience relevant to their engineering studies. It's a good option if you want Australian work experience and academic credit for the internship.
If your degree does not have an internship component, or if you recently graduated, you can still apply for the internship program and combine it with an accredited Work Integrated Learning (WIL) program.
To give you some examples, the Mechanical Engineering internship host companies include:
- a manufacturing company specialising in HVAC,
- a well-established company offering a range of automation, robotics and professional service solutions,
- a long-standing company that manufactures lenses and
- an Australian design and construction company.
As another example, and depending on the host company, your internship could see you get hands-on experience in:
- assisting with material and production planning,
- being part of continuous improvement projects,
- being involved in the installation and startup of new equipment,
- preparing project control and action plans,
- preparing calculations and reports,
- analysing mechanical designs,
- collaborating with engineers to assist in creating 3D models, and
- assisting with creating drawings using CAD software.
The internship program is facilitated by CareerDC, work experience placement coordinators. We’ve helped 1000s of students in Australia since 2011 to gain study-relevant internship placements.
The Mechanical Engineering Internship Program will be matched with your internship needs and preferences, including location, length and start date.
Apply now with your resume and contact CareerDC for details about the internship program, how it works and what is included.
There is a coordination fee that comes with the internship program, including the internship placement.
To apply and to get full details on the program and what is included, send your CV to CareerDC.
- Job type:Internships
- Disciplines:Engineering Mechanical
- Work rights:Australian Citizen, Australian Student Visa,...
- Work from home:Hybrid remote
Employees are allowed to work remotely some of the time but most of the work is done at the company’s physical office. Remote work is considered a perk or a privilege. For example, an employee may work from home for 1-2 days per week.
- Locations:Canberra, Regional New...
- Program Duration
- Closing Date:28th Nov 2023, 12:59 pm