CareerDC coordinates internship programs by connecting students with host organisations all over Australia.
The internships, which are practical work-placement programs designed to provide the intern with professional experiences in media and advertising with the aim of providing industry specific opportunities is to enable the intern to develop skills that will enhance their prospects of gaining meaningful employment, building the student’s career and starting their future.
The industry of media, public relations and advertising has grown exponentially in the past decade thanks to the technological advancement that introduced social advertising. This massive and constant growth has brought significant changes to the industry, evolving the way businesses operate efficiently and effectively, open up windows of opportunity and deal with clouded visibility.
Journalism studies can educate students how to address the issue of transparency in this industry, how branding could be fully optimise and obtain actionable data without compromising. Media and advertising is changing contours of the world today therefore students would need to sharpen their advanced skills and knowledge in professional work, than just being book smart.
Industrial training and professional practice is crucial and essential for students to be industry-ready. An internship program can provide practical training that will allow students to gain valuable knowledge, realise their areas of interests and gather career insights from host organisations. In the context of media studies, student could develop in areas of:
- Presenting enterprise, initiative and creativity
- Critically analyse and solve problems
- Effective production, texts and content delivery for various platforms
- Locate evaluate and use relevant information to develop content
- Appreciate and respect of cultural diversity in audiences and communities
- Adapt to changes suing tools and practices in the industry
- Deploy ethically informed and socially aware practice and more!.
Valuable insights and work experience from internship programs can help students integrate their university learning and elevate their portfolio - just as they will in the real world – a desirable candidate for host organisations. Also in which the community strongly appreciates when creative minds take on practical experience upon graduation.
Arts and Social sciences students can seize opportunities in any medium such as:
- Media, Culture and Everyday Life
- Media, Society and Politics
- Media Industry Contexts
- Public Relations Principles
- Communications Strategies
- Job type:Internships
Media and Advertising
- Work rights:
New Zealand Citizen, Australian Citizen,...
Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane,...
- Closing Date:28th Apr 2021, 12:59 pm