Animal Management Officer
Division: Planning & Place
Business Unit: Environmental Compliance
Title: Animal Management Officer, Permanent - Full-time Role, 38 hours per week
Salary Range: $71838.4 to $83487.12 per annum + super (subject to skills and experience)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting your personal well being, sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
The responsibility of the Animal Management Officer is to enforce council’s legislative and policy responsibilities, particularly in relation to companion animals, to ensure council provides best practice compliance services that protect and enhance the environment and the safety of the community and to promote and encourage responsible pet ownership through education, animal management programs and events, and proactive and reactive patrols.
• Provide a high-quality investigation service in relation to companion animals and other Ranger functions
• Issue notices, orders and penalty notices and undertake prosecutions in accordance with legislation and council policy
• Actively promote and support responsible pet ownership across the community
• Provide information to the community in relation to animal management and other Ranger matters
• Undertake proactive patrols to ensure compliance with legislation
• Undertake all Ranger functions including those concerning: animals, abandoned vehicles, pollution events, unauthorised development and development sites, boat trailers, use of council land, impounding, burning off, patrols of school zones, and parking and traffic enforcement
• Proactively participate as a team member and contribute towards the achievement of team goals and objectives
• Observe council’s values in all dealings
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
Learn more about our employee benefits
Northern Beaches Council is proud to be the winner of the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category (1000 or more staff). Voice Project recognises organisations who achieve exceptional improvements in work practices and employee engagement. The Voice Project Change Champion Award recognises and celebrates transformational efforts that achieve real and positive change, improving the workplace for employees and supporting key organisational outcomes.
How to apply:
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Michael Davey on 02 8495 6307 during business hours
- Applications close on 12/02/2023
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:8th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.