Careers at Council
- Modern, dynamic and contemporary working environment
- Three Year Opportunity (Level 4)
- Six weeks annual leave! Plus wide range of employee benefits!
City of Palmerston is the Northern Territory’s youngest city and is located 20 kilometres south-east of the Northern Territory’s capital Darwin. It has a population of approx. 40,000 and is currently undergoing a significant period of infrastructure growth and development.
City of Palmerston (CoP) is “A Place for People”. We place people at the centre of all that we do and deliver, by providing excellent services to our community.
Our Commitment to You and Our Customers
At CoP we value
- Commitment and Accountability
- Sustainability and Self-Sufficient
- Quality Resources
- A culture of Continuous improvement
In addition to our focus on culture, values, and behaviours, we embed our Customer Service Charter in everything we do both internally and externally. The pillars of our Customer Service Charter are:
- Make it easy for customer
- Perform with pride
- Listen, learn and act
- Evaluate and improve
About the Role
This position will provide support and high-level customer service throughout the City of Palmerston by contributing to the maintenance and management of Council assets management and GIS systems by undertaking a variety of asset inspections and data collection activities.
Working with the Asset Team, the Asset Officer is responsible for the ongoing risk and condition inspection as well as general data collection and updates for infrastructure assets to maintain the asset and GIS systems including:
- Cyclic risk inspection of road, pathway, and stormwater assets
- Project based condition inspections
- Asset capitalisation processes
- Asset mapping and data collection
What you need:
- Certificate level qualifications in a related field or equivalent practical knowledge and experience of civil infrastructure
- Ability to undertake field inspections in an outdoor environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and present information with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated knowledge in interpretation of technical drawings and guidelines relating to civil infrastructure and building works.
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills.
- Ability to analyse information, demonstrating resourcefulness and the ability to work autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to analyse problems and provide suggestions for improvements.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and consult across all levels and provide a high level of customer service.
- Experience and/or understanding and knowledge of asset and GIS systems.
- Ability to pass a Criminal History Check (recent within 3 months)
What you receive:
- Competitive leave entitlement with 6 weeks Annual leave a year
- Training & Professional Development opportunities
- A great team who will support you to achieve professionally and personally
- Access to wellbeing initiatives and Employee Assistance Program
- Access to Salary Continuance
At City of Palmerston, we embrace diversity and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.
To view a copy of the position description and to 'Apply' please see below.
Applications Close: 5:00 PM, Wednesday, 25 January 2023
Closed 10 days ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:Northern Territory, Darwin,...
- Closing Date:25th Jan 2023, 12:00 am