JOIN OUR JOURNEY TO BECOME THE BEST COUNCIL IN AUSTRALIA!
We are looking for a passionate and hardworking Asset Planning Engineer to join our Infrastructure Services team at Singleton Council. In this role, you’ll make a real impact on the everyday lives of people within our community by achieving important outcomes for Singleton to grow and flourish.
Singleton Council has a long and proud history. From our agricultural foundations to our abundant natural resources, we are more than just New South Wales’ largest producer of coal. Singleton has developed into the economic beating heart of the State and a centre of industry, heritage, tourism and community. Here at Council, we offer a wide range of services to our community, supporting our vision to be vibrant, progressive, connected, sustainable and resilient.
Working within the Infrastructure Services Asset Management team, you will develop and deliver asset management activities within a whole of Council framework and in accordance with Council's Asset Management Policy. This role is involved in developing and planning the future capital works program for Council’s five asset classes; Road, Transportation, Open space and Reserve, Building and Drainage. This role is also responsible for the acceptance, approval, and capturing of Council’s infrastructure assets and records, preparing reports, undertaking technical investigations and grant funding applications.
This position is responsible for:
- Strategic planning of new and upgraded assets to meet current and future needs including future asset demand forecasting and analysis of user needs and appropriate inclusion in Councils Development Contribution Plan for Roads, Drainage and Transportation assets.
- Undertake analysis and modelling on infrastructure data and records and provide inputs in Asset Management Plans.
- Developing 1,4- and 10-years capital work program for the five asset classes
- Undertaking asset valuation at fair value, end of financial year reporting, revaluation in consultation with auditors and finance department.
- Assist in grant funding applications and complete required reporting
- Degree in Civil Engineering and solid relevant industry experience.
- Asset management experience and a comprehensive knowledge of local government infrastructure asset management processes, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management concepts, planning tools for managing infrastructure works and budgeting.
- Demonstrated skills in consultation, and dealing with regulatory and funding bodies (e.g. Roads and Maritime)
This position is offered on a permanent fulltime basis working 35 hours per week.
Remuneration for this position is based on GRADE 14 of the salary system, which equates to a base salary including civil liability allowance of between $101,749.94 - $114,455.76 per annum. This position also includes a vehicle allowance, currently paid at $16,309.27 per annum, bringing the remuneration package to $118,059.21 - $130,765.03 per annum plus superannuation.
WHY JOIN US?
At Singleton Council, we are a dynamic, multi-skilled, diverse group of people who share the same passion — to deliver outstanding services and outcomes to our community. We value difference and the creativity it generates towards our productive workforce.
Working for Singleton Council you will join an Engaged, Safe, Sustainable and Performing workforce who, together, we exist to make a difference for our community. To make smart, sustainable decisions, and to go above and beyond so that our community continues to be loved locally and recognised nationally. If you are looking for a challenging and strategically focused career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment, join us on our journey to be the best council in Australia.
- Be community-first: You’ll create or support important community outcomes and will be fulfilled by the impact you have on everyday lives.
- Help drive change, step by step: You’ll help improve what we deliver and how we deliver it. You’ll challenge us to move forward, combining hard work and drive with professionalism and staying power.
- Learn and grow: You’ll develop your skills and reach new heights through the diversity of what we do and through a range of ongoing training opportunities.
- Join a supportive, family-friendly organisation: Commit to our journey to achieve the best outcomes for our community and we will support you to find the right balance between work and life.
- Join an employer of choice organisation: You'll be a part of an organisation that has innovative programs targeting staff wellbeing, recognition and inclusion as well as fostering a culture of collective leadership that has seen our organisation recognised as an Employer of Choice from the Human Resources Director (HRD) Australia.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
To find out about all the amazing things Singleton Council is doing for the community click here to explore our webpages.
Why work for Singleton Council? Click here to check out our careers page and to see what is on offer.
For further information regarding this role please see the position description.
If you are interested in joining our journey to become the best council in Australia, apply today to develop your skills, reach new heights and make a real impact.
For a confidential conversation about this exciting opportunity contact Warren Vandermeer, Coordinator Assets on 02 6578 7290.
To be eligible for this role you MUST have the Right to Work in Australia.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE SUNDAY 29 JANUARY 2023
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:29th Jan 2023, 12:00 am