"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Use your knowledge and skills in Building Surveying to assess and resolve building and development matters
- This is your chance to liaise with industry professionals and provide expert advice
- Permanent Full Time
- Vehicle Allowance
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council deals with more than 3,000 development applications per year, with a construction value of more than $1 billion, in addition to associated civil engineering approvals, supporting infrastructure and principal certifying functions. In the past few years there has been an ongoing uplift in development activity across the board, which is expected to continue. We have an opportunity in our team that would suit candidates interested in continuing a career in the industry with a Building Surveying or Construction background along with high level negotiation, mediation and customer service skills; able to meet community and organisational expectations.
The role of Building Surveyor is responsible for assessing applications related to development applications, construction certificates, complying development certificates, swimming pool compliance certificates and building information certificates; ensuring development is carried out in accordance with relevant statutory controls, all whilst promoting Council’s service in the competitive Building Certification Market.
Key activities of this role include:
- Assessing and determining development applications and building certificates for all classes of buildings in accordance with the Act, Regulation and delegation;
- Assessing and determining applications in accordance with the Swimming Pools Act 1992 and Regulation;
- Issuing notices and orders where necessary under the provisions of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, the Local Government Act, Swimming Pool Act, and Protection of the Environment Operations Act;
- Providing advice and technical information to Council's customers, staff and residents in relation to all of the above responsibilities.
- You enjoy working on a variety of development and building issues, undertaking specialist research and technical functions as required;
- You want to use your skills in Building Surveying to assist in the local community, ensuring building and development legislation is adhered to;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of professional Building Surveyors who excel in what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
- We offer an attractive range of benefits to our employees.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $79.3k to $87.2k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 10.5% superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
A vehicle allowance of $165 per week ($8,580 per annum) is available on this role.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Wayne Herd, Section Manager Building Assessment and Certification on ph: 0434 657 814.
Please note: Due to the current COVID-19 situation interviews will now be conducted via Microsoft Teams.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 27 November 2022.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer timeslot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system.
You will have the ability to save your application as you go using the 'Save Application' button. You can start an application and return to it later via the automatic follow-up email once you have the time and required information at hand to finally submit your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing [email protected] or phone 0417 293 628 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist '[email protected]' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2022, 12:00 am