Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are offering a great opportunity for an appropriately qualified, experienced and enthusiastic individual to provide a high level of assistance to the Development Services section in delivering development and building services. In this position, you will assess and determine building construction matters, carry out development application assessments and approvals and inspections of buildings under construction to ensure developments meet statutory requirements.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualifications in building surveying.
- Minimum NSW Fair Trading Accreditation as a Building surveyor—restricted (class 1 and 10 buildings) (formerly A3).
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out the following certification work on class 1-10 buildings:
- acting as a Principal Certifier;
- issue Complying Development Certificates, Construction Certificates, and Occupation Certificates under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979;
- carrying out critical stage inspections.
- Demonstrated experience in the assessment and determination of development applications.
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out certification work on swimming pools under the NSW Swimming Pools Act, or as an authorised officer of Council.
- Demonstrated excellent communications skills, including conflict resolution and the ability to provide technical reports.
- A salary range of $75,600 to $96,300 per annum (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon skills, experience, accreditation level and qualifications.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
David Tyler | Coordinator Building Services | 02 6686 1433
How to apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:25th Feb 2023, 12:00 am