- Issue construction, occupation, and complying development certificates
- Hybrid flexible work policy and Rostered Day Off approx. every 3 weeks
- Attractive salary, leaseback vehicle option and excellent benefits
The City of Ryde was recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Business Awards and is a progressive local Council, all centrally located only 12 kilometres from Sydney. We are home to Macquarie Park which is poised to become the fourth largest GDP producing centre in Australia by 2036. We also enjoy pristine riverfronts and bushland, world-class hospitals, and a leading University. Importantly, we are home to over 13,000 businesses and around 130,000 hard-working, compassionate, and enterprising people who rightly expect their Council to support their hopes and aspirations. With a diverse multicultural population, and the rapid growth of millennials and young professionals – by far our single largest demographic – we know our community is looking to our Council for authentic and strategic leadership to ensure the Ryde community continues to be provided with lifestyle and opportunity at their doorstep.
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Building Surveyor/Certifier to join the Building Certification team based at North Ryde. The focus of your role will be carrying out assessments and issuing approvals along with undertaking inspections and reporting on a wide range of residential buildings, swimming pools as well as some commercial developments and related assets. You will be required to investigate building related complaints as principal certifier, respond to customer requests and manage any arising prosecutions.
The ideal candidate will be self motivated and able to work autonomously in a fast paced environment. The Department Manager has a strong focus on fostering talent and mentoring individuals to succeed in their professional goals. This is the perfect role for anyone looking for a fun, supportive work environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in Building Surveying or similar
- Must hold registration with the NSW Department of Fair Trading as a Registered Building Surveyor (unrestricted) or Registered Building Surveyor (restricted)
- Excellent technical knowledge of buildings of all classes and types
- A demonstrated ability to assess fire upgrade reports and alternative building performance solutions
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- A valid Australian driver’s licence
The commencing salary is from $92,145 p.a + superannuation + leaseback vehicle, dependent on your experience and qualifications.
Culture & Benefits
- Leaseback vehicle included with the role
- Commitment to providing opportunities for work/life balance
- Hybrid work from home and office arrangements available
- Flexibility regarding start and finish times to suit your lifestyle
- Enjoy a rostered day off approx. every 3 weeks for full time employees
- Long service leave after 5 years, then accrued monthly
- 18 weeks paid parental leave
- Grant days at Christmas
- Annual performance reviews and Award increases
- Opportunity to sign up as a fitness passport member
- Various health & well-being initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, etc.)
How to apply
We have a two stage interview process. The first stage of the interview process is the completion of the below questions. Please ensure you give full answers, showcasing your abilities and experience. Your answers, in conjunction with your resume, will determine if you are invited to an in person interview. This is normally the final stage in the interview process.
Please note you do not need a “password” to use our on-line application system. In addition to answering the on-line questions shown below, this position requires you to attach your Resume to complete the application process. Please note, you are not required to submit a cover letter or a statement addressing selection criteria.
If you would like to know more, please see the Position Description or call Morris Impala on 0466 846 568 for a confidential discussion.
Closing Date: Sunday 5 February 2023 @11:30pm
Please note: In line with Council’s COVID Safe Workplace Policy & Procedure all staff are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
City of Ryde is committed to Equal Employment and Child Safety
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:6th Feb 2023, 12:00 am