About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches to world heritage mountain wilderness, the MidCoast region offers an attractive lifestyle for everyone. Our community is characterised by its welcoming attitude, growing economy and natural beauty. These are the pillars of the quality of life we value. To find out more about our beautiful region click here.
At MidCoast Council our people are our most important resource and we believe that we can only reach our full potential when you reach yours. This is the place for those who seek to play a role in the community and have an enthusiasm to learn and grow. Here you can make a real difference.
Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We value, support and empower our people to deliver positive results for our community.
Right now, we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our people. Our Administration Centre is a state-of-the-art facility designed to inspire innovation, creativity and collaboration. The building has been named ‘Yalawanyi Ganya’ which means “sitting/meeting place” in the Gathang language of the indigenous people across the MidCoast Region.
The role & you
This Cadetship sits within the Building and Environmental Health Services Department and will introduce you to all facets of the public health services and regulatory functions provided by Council. You'll enjoy working within a collaborative team of experts who’ll support you as you learn to investigate complaints, inspect food and skin penetration premises and complete general duties to ensure the health, safety and amenity of the community is protected in line with the community’s needs, legislative requirements and Council's codes and policies.
To apply you'll have:
- HSC (with min 2 units maths/2 units science) or currently working towards completing qualifications in environmental health
- Ability to commence and/or complete the prescribed course of study through Western Sydney University: Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health)
- Demonstrated computer literacy (Word & Excel)
The Package: Salary range commencing from $37,860 p.a.,
(in accordance with Local Govt (State) Award 2020)
University Course Fees
Study Leave arrangement
The Tenure: Full-time fixed term up to 6 years in line with qualification completion
If Environmental Health is your passion and you're ready to get your career started, we'd love to hear from you!
Location: This position will be based at our Administration Centre in Yalawanyi Ganya at 2 Biripi Way, Taree. You may also be required to be based from other Council sites across the MidCoast Council region.
How to apply:
- Before applying please review the POSITION DESCRIPTION
- When responding to the questions below, please include detailed and relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your question responses in a separate Word document and once complete, copy each response to the relevant question on the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities. Our aim is to provide all of our staff with an inclusive, safe and healthy working environment.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Jo Love, Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist on 7955 7310.
For questions relating to the position requirements please contact James Bloxham Coordinator On-Site Waste Water Management on 7955 7310.
Closing date: Sunday 26 June 2022 at 11.30 pm.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:27th Jun 2022, 12:00 am