Careers at Council
- Use your specialist advice to enhance environmental outcomes for the Bayside LGA
- Permanent Part-time position, 21 hours per week
- Excellent work life balance
- Provide advice on development applications, planning proposals, Part 5 Applications Environmental Impact Statements, and information and reports from State and Federal Governments in the areas of contaminated land and site suitability, acid sulfate soils and groundwater, and their associated health and environmental impacts.
- Represent Council in the Land and Environment Court as an Expert Witness as required.
- Provide specialist advice on contaminated land, acid sulfate soils and groundwater, and their associated health and environmental impacts to Council and customers.
- Assist with management of Council owned or managed contaminated sites ongoing monitoring and implementation of long-term environmental management plans as required.
- Engage and manage consultants and contractors and review performance to ensure service delivery requirements are met.
- Work in collaboration with and assist the Environmental Scientist, team, manager and other key stakeholders to achieve business unit goals, work requests, demands and Council priorities.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Science or relevant field for the position.
- Current Driver’s Licence Class C.
- 3 extra days off during Christmas each year
- 15 days sick leave each year
- 2 days health and wellbeing leave
- Gym membership discounts
- Additional parental leave entitlements for both parents
Closed 2 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.