- Looking for a tree change? Enjoy a rural lifestyle and advance your career in a vibrant local community!
- Attractive remuneration package of $106,392 - $117,468 + CLA, superannuation and salary sacrifice options available
- Relocation assistance + RDO every three weeks + flexible working hours!
Gunnedah Shire Council is an integral part of the Gunnedah community, a vibrant, warm and friendly town surrounded by the expansive Liverpool Plains and framed by the Kelvin Ranges. The Koala Capital of the world offers much more than just our famous furry friends! With a population of approximately 13,085, Gunnedah is a commodity hub and major destination on the intersection of the Kamilaroi Highway Touring Route and Oxley Highway.
We now have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Design and Development Engineer to join our team and provide technical input for designs while also overseeing the overall design process.
Benefits on offer
This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an organisation with a great culture and a shire with a fantastic sense of community! This role comes with an attractive salary circa $106,392 - $117,468+ CLA, super and a range of additional benefits, including:
- Salary packaging options to increase your take-home pay;
- Relocation assistance;
- Flexible working options;
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including subsidised external training up to $2,000 per year; and
- RDO every three weeks.
Your next opportunity
Working closely with the Senior Designer, you will provide Design solutions to ensure we can deliver our civil infrastructure requirements, and review designs for validity with reference to legislation, industry standards, and Council’s guidelines.
- Provide technical input for designs, and oversee the design process
- Provide timely provision of accurate assessment of development concerning civil infrastructure requirements;
- Check designs and plans for technical validity;
- Undertake inspections and review testing for approval of civil infrastructure works and negotiate the resolution of issues with applicants, consultants and contractors
- Consult internal stakeholders to ensure assets transferred meet community standards and provide value for community stakeholders;
- Provide technical support; and
- Provide quality administration support as required.
Moreover, you will join an organisation committed to the ongoing development of its people.
What you will bring to the team
To thrive in this role, you will possess tertiary qualifications in civil engineering and, ideally, have experience working as a design engineer.
You will have effective time management skills and strong attention to detail. The ability to work effectively within a small team and take responsibility for your work will also be required.
Your communication and interpersonal skills will enable you to interact effectively with various internal and external stakeholders. You will take the time to understand your customers, seek unique solutions and deliver positive results for the individual and the community in the short and long term.
Moreover, you will be familiar with AutoCAD, Civil3D, MAGNET and have a strong knowledge of industry design standards and Council's guidelines.
If you're looking to join a dedicated team in a vibrant local community, this is the role for you. Apply Now!
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE RECIEVED NO LATER THAN CLOSE OF BUSINESS FRIDAY 25 NOVEMBER 2022.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2022, 12:00 am