- Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Competitive Salary + super + allowance/s
Participation in Council's 9 day fortnight scheme
City of Canada Bay is situated in Sydney’s Inner West, boasts 36 kilometres of beautiful foreshore and is a beacon to locals and visitors who flock to enjoy our more than 300 recreation spaces and 348 hectares of open space. We are a City that leads, innovates and cares for the environment and actively celebrates the cultural and linguistic diversity of the City’s residents as one of our defining and most celebrated attributes.
It is expected that this position will provide technical expertise on unusual or complex design engineering matters internally and externally and will assist the infrastructure planning team in the development of infrastructure engineering projects and in the planning of related infrastructure works.
Key responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Carry out design of Council’s road infrastructure and assets, including roads, footpaths, kerb and gutter, bicycle paths, driveways, traffic / parking facilities and stormwater drainage
- Coordinate the delivery of design & documentation by engaging external design consultants and obtaining approvals from various stakeholders
- Assist with the design of related infrastructure, including parks, buildings, sea walls and water harvesting systems
- Prepare environmental reviews and obtain planning approvals in accordance with the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act
- Duties will also involve preparation of project plans, designs, cost estimates, engineering specifications, tender documentation, and contract management
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or related field, and/or extensive equivalent experience
- Proficiency in CAD applications (12D Model, AutoCAD, DRAINS or similar), spreadsheets, databases, computer mapping applications and project management applications (Microsoft Project - or similar)
- Demonstrated skills in design and project management, including drafting, surveying, contract tendering, and investigation
- Highly developed communication skills, both verbal and written, including report writing
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated professionalism and integrity
- Current Class ‘C’ Driver’s Licence
Ideally, you will also possess:
- Experience with the use of total station survey equipment for engineering surveys.
- Experience with asset management principles and techniques
Click here to view the Position Description.
Closing Date: 14 July 2022 at 11:30pm
For further information on this position please contact Mohamed Aliyar - Coordinator, Infrastructure Planning on 9911 6366.
City of Canada Bay Council’s values underpin how we operate.
We act with integrity; We empower our people; We are respectful; We work together; We innovate.
The City of Canada Bay Council is a Child Safe Organisation that recognises and advocates for the rights of Children and Young People and are committed to a Safe Workplace.
The City of Canada Bay Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer committed to maintaining, growing and supporting a diverse, respectful, collaborative & inclusive workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from diverse community groups and ages including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQA, people with disabilities, women, and other diversity groups.
The successful applicant for this role will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication form. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure they are able to meet all requirements in line with Councils COVID Safe Workplace Policy & Procedure, WHS requirements and prevailing NSW Public Health Orders.
“Formal offers of employment are subject to standard Council pre-employment checks including medical and other background checks”
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:13th Jul 2022, 12:00 am