About Our Council
Georges River Council is a leading, people-focused organisation with approximately 600 staff members. Our people are working to make the Georges River area an accessible, green, diverse and innovative community and economy. We are dedicated to providing vibrant public places, sustaining and developing a thriving creative culture, helping protect our natural environment, and making our suburbs more liveable.
About the Team
This role sit within our City Technical Services team, which manages and leads activities of Council's open spaces, including bushland and various environmental projects. Reporting to the Coordinator Engineering this role will assist in identifying, implementing and overseeing the construction of key building and civil works projects listed in the Community Strategic Plan and Operational Plan.
About the Role
Reporting to the Senior Design Engineer, the Design Engineer will be responsible for providing technical design support and services in the development of Council infrastructure including (but not limited to) new traffic facilities, roads and stormwater projects, minor building and civil projects. The position will also be responsible for assessing construction drawings and coordinating transport infrastructure projects (footpaths, kerb and guttering) constructed as part of property developments; carrying out routine construction inspections; undertaking the collection of levels and survey data; engage and supervise consultants where required for infrastructure related works; as well as the processing of driveway applications.
Qualifications / Certificates / Licences
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil or Environmental Engineering or a related field
- Class C Drivers Licence
- Construction Induction Card (White Card)
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in infrastructure design, surveying, cost estimates and engineering construction supervision.
- A high level of computer literacy with sound working knowledge of design software packages such as AutoCAD and CivilCAD.
- Demonstrated experience in engineering surveying including ability to use electronic survey equipment such as Total Station.
- Understanding of and commitment to WHS practices and EEO principles
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be fully vaccinated (minimum 2 doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide Council with evidence of vaccination, or an accepted certified medical contraindication. Council reserves the right to confirm the validity of contraindications in accordance with NSW Health guidelines, and to direct a Worker to undertake an independent medical examination in relation to the issuance of a medical contraindication certificate.
About the Opportunity and what we can offer you
- Permanent, Full-Time - 70 hours per fortnight
- Salary from $87,799.72- $101,727.32 per annum plus 10.5% superannuation
- 3.5% Civil Liability Allowance
- We promote work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements including 9 day fortnight
- Additional Health and Wellbeing paid leave
- Additional three grant days of paid leave over Christmas (where applicable)
- Long service leave after five years
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Salary Packaging options
- Sponsored Study Program
- Parental Leave and Support
- Shine Bright Rewards Program
- Ongoing Education and Resources
Previous applicants need not apply.
If you have made a positive commitment to further your career and you possess the attributes located in the Position Description essential criteria, then please submit your application today. Applicants are asked to ensure that they provide responses to the targeted questions, failure to do so may result in your application not being considered.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact Tom Heath, Manager City Technical Services on 02 9330 9459.
Applications must be completed and submitted via our website. Closing Date: 5 August 2022 at 11:30pm AEST
Offers of employment at Georges River Council are contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check.
Georges River Council aims to be a leading, people-focused organisation delivering outstanding results for our community and city. We foster our values of Accountability, Professionalism, Unity and Honesty and take pride in promoting the image of Council in the community.
We are committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion, and welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQIA+ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
At Georges River Council we are committed to putting children first and championing child safety within our community. We actively advocate for the rights of children and young people and will uphold our commitment as a child safe organisation.
Please note you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or a permanent resident or have unlimited working rights (with no Visa restrictions) in Australia to apply for this position.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:5th Aug 2022, 12:00 am