Development Assessment Planner
Development Assessment Planner
Location: Tamworth, NSW
Tamworth Reginal Council is a large and vibrant regional Council with over 600 employees who service our community in a diverse range of areas including, but not limited to, planning and development, infrastructure and recreational services, cultural connectivity and visitor experiences, economic development and water and waste services. The Tamworth region has become the home of over 60,000 people and is a thriving economic and cultural hub in the North West of NSW.
OUR COUNCIL - TRC
It is an exciting time to join Tamworth Regional Council with a recently adopted plan for the future of the region, “Blueprint 100”. This is our strategic vision for growth as a region, as we plan for how the city and the region will sustainably accommodate a population of 100,000 people, focusing on liveability, community and required infrastructure, among other things.
Our people strive to build a great organisational culture fostering our shared values of Teamwork, Equity, Accountability, Customer Orientation and Health and Safety whilst embracing the drive for excellence, innovation and respect.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Tamworth Regional is a fabulous place to call home boasting the vibrant regional city of Tamworth along with the towns of Manilla, Barraba, Nundle and Kootingal as well as 17 hamlets, villages and rural areas. Located just 4 hours’ drive (or a direct flight) to bustling Sydney and multiple coastal locations within 3-4 hours’ drive, Tamworth is a central hub and a place to enjoy all year round.
Tamworth offers an enviable lifestyle with all the conveniences and services you’d expect from a larger city, coupled with a relaxed pace of life with opportunities to enjoy all that nature has to offer, along with being a great place to raise children, make long term friends and create a professional career.
As the capital of the North West region, Tamworth is home to major health and education centres, affordable housing options to suit all lifestyles, attractive employment and business opportunities with a robust and innovative local economy. In addition, the Tamworth region boasts a proud sporting culture with world class facilities and a supporting community of clubs.
- Positions available for graduate and experienced planners
- Join a progressive regional Council with a strong and varied development/building industry
- Join a fun and dynamic team serving the community
The Development Assessment Planner role is responsible for:
- Process Development Applications
- Undertake planning and regulatory functions in accordance with the EPA Act and Local Government Act
- Organise resources and activities to meet deadlines and service standards
- Address all customer queries and complaints received in Council’s corporate systems
- Assist the Development & Approvals Customer Service Officers in their responses to customer enquiries
- Assess and make decisions in line with delegation of function
OPPORTUNITIES EXIST FOR
- Tamworth Regional Council offer tailored Development Plans to allow for continued personal and professional development
- Access to Senior level planning positions
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
- Degree and Post Graduate Diploma OR 4 Year Degree in Planning or related discipline,
- Driver Licence
- Experience in assessing a range of Development Applications using relevant legislation;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- Demonstrated skillset in identifying work priorities and applying time management techniques; and
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
Recent town planning graduates or final year students are welcome to apply as well as experienced planners.
We are looking for someone who has a “can do” attitude, takes initiative and is capable of working collaboratively with a team of town planners and a wide range of specialists on statutory DA planning and strategic planning projects.
You will play a key role in actively contributing to the ongoing improvements to the delivery of our services and to a positive customer focused culture.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role, you will be offered a range of benefits, including a competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, corporate rate gym membership, and supportive health and wellbeing programs. See below for further work perks!
Flexible Work Options:
- Council offers flexible working arrangements by mutual agreement according to operational requirements (condensed hours, job share, 19 day months, 9 day fortnights, time in lieu as approved)
- Long service leave after five (5) years
- Nine weeks (full pay) paid parental leave, 18 weeks (half pay) paid parental leave
- Three weeks sick leave annually
- Health & Wellbeing leave, Carer’s leave, Domestic Violence leave
- Leave (1 day) for NAIDOC week celebrations for those who identify
- Career development opportunities including access to training and professional development activities, with succession planning forefront of mind
- Educational Assistance Program provides opportunities to pursue study in a higher level role or related qualification/field
Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- Breast feeding friendly workplace
- Ideal location with easy access to cycle or walk to work
- QANTAS Club discounts
- Free entry to Council’s pools
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Program for yourself and your immediate family
- Corporate rate gym membership (participating gyms)
- Uniforms subsidised
- Novated leases available to all staff
Please refer to the Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary Range: $1,211.50 - $1,568.90 plus super and competitive allowances.
The commencement salary will be dependent upon the successful applicant's qualifications and experience.
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications Close: 5:00pm on Monday 20 March 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Sam Lobsey, Manager, Development on 02 6767 5432
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to acting in the best interest for our staff, their families and the community at large. As such, Council requires its staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status if you’re invited for an interview. You may also be required to undergo Rapid Antigen Testing as required. TRC is also committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Planning Today for Tamworth Tomorrow - https://youtu.be/LMVVtSrC1DM
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:20th Mar 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.