"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Opportunity for Development Planners to access great variety and a fantastic team of mentors
- Build your skill set across Residential, Commercial, Rural, Coastal, Industrial Planning and more
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Council is committed to providing safe environments that protect the physical, emotional, cultural and social wellbeing of children on the Central Coast.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council deals with more than 3,000 development applications per year, with a construction value of more than $1 billion. In the past few years there has been an ongoing uplift in development activity which is expected to continue across residential, commercial, rural, and industrial, along with high profile waterfront and coastal developments, making these positions the perfect opportunity to gain diverse experience and round out your planning skill set, amongst a team of experienced mentors.
This position is required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Council will also be creating an eligibility list from this recruitment process and may utilise this eligibility list to fill other Development Planner vacancies.
A day in the life of a Development Planner might include:
- Being part of a multi-disciplinary team including ecologists, tree specialists, town planners and surveyors, to deliver the best outcomes for the Central Coast community balancing regional growth with sustainability and responsible environmental management;
- Conducting assessment of developments across the full spectrum of planning applications;
- Providing professional advice on strategic and statutory planning matters to customers and industry professionals.
- Ideally qualified in Town Planning (or related field) you have a combination of Tertiary Education and experience which qualifies you for membership of the Planning Institute of Australia;
- You love being part of a team and enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- You have excellent communication skills and a knack for report writing, as well as interpreting complex legislation / regulatory frameworks;
- You are great with people and bring a customer centric approach to your work;
- You don't mind balancing competing priorities, and problem solving is one of your key strengths.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a multi disciplinary team with lots of knowledge to share;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle;
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families;
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle;
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breast screen, Flu vaccination, blood donations;
- Recognition of Service;
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Individual career development and learning opportunities;
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a commencing salary range of between $79.3k to $95.2k per annum dependent on skills and experience + 10.5% superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Antonia Stuart Section Manager Development Assessment Pre-Lodgement on 0439 136 835 or Ailsa Prendergast Section Manager Development Assessment South on 0448 943 151.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday 27 November 2022.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer timeslot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system.
You will have the ability to save your application as you go using the 'Save Application' button. You can start an application and return to it later via the automatic follow-up email once you have the time and required information at hand to finally submit your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing [email protected] or phone 0417 293 628 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist '[email protected]' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2022, 12:00 am