"YOU COULD MAKE ALL THE DIFFERENCE"
Primary Work Location: Wyong NSW
- Advise on development and other planning related applications
- Undertake research and site inspections
- Work/Life Balance - 9 day fortnight with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available
- Permanent Full Time roles
Central Coast Council is committed to the goals of equal opportunity employment. We aim to provide a work environment for our employees that fosters equity, diversity and respect.
Ideally located on the northern fringe of Sydney and just an hour's drive from Newcastle, the Central Coast offers one of the best places in Australia to live and work.
Today the Central Coast is one of the fastest growing regions in NSW, with the third largest Local Government Area (LGA) in NSW and the 6th Largest LGA in Australia.
Central Coast Council deals with more than 3,000 development applications per year, with a construction value of more than $1 billion, in addition to associated civil engineering approvals, supporting infrastructure and principal certifying authority functions. In the past few years there has been an ongoing uplift in development activity across the board, which is expected to continue as the regional economy recovers from the pandemic.
Council is seeking additional staff for its busy Development Assessment Unit to support the assessment of increased Development and other related applications.
The role of Development Planner is responsible for assessing applications related to land use policy and compliance, ensuring relevant legislation and Council’s local laws and policies are adhered to, all whilst working for the community and promoting Council’s service in this competitive market.
These positions are required to provide quality customer service and create value for the community.
Key activities of this role include:
- Conducting assessment of development and other planning related applications including site inspections in required timeframes;
- Providing professional advice on strategic and statutory planning matters to customers and industry professionals;
- Providing advice with regards to policy amendments in relation to strategic land-use policy and plans, including Development Control Plans, Local Environmental Plans and Contributions Plans.
- You enjoy working on a variety of development planning issues and applications, undertaking specialist research and technical functions as required;
- You want to use your skills/knowledge in Development Planning to assist in the Local Community ensuring land use policy and compliance is adhered to;
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and expertise, while also learning from others;
- Having a work/life balance is important to you.
- We are a large organisation delivering a wide variety of services to our local community;
- You’ll be joining a team of Development Planning professionals who excel at what they do;
- We offer a supportive work environment with opportunities for career development;
- We provide opportunities to collaborate with subject matter experts from a variety of areas across the organisation;
What we offer:
- Weekly pay cycle;
- Generous Leave Provisions: 20 days paid Annual Leave, 15 days Sick Leave/Carers Leave, Health & Wellbeing Leave, Long Service Leave after 5 years, Additional purchased leave, Parental Leave – 18 weeks full pay/36 weeks ½ pay, Paternity Leave - 2 weeks
- Novated Leasing;
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) available to employees and their families;
- Fitness Passport – access to gyms across the Central Coast and Newcastle;
- Health & Wellbeing programs – skin cancer screening, Breastscreen, Flu vaccination, blood donations;
- Recognition of Service;
- Council Child Care Salary Sacrifice;
- Access to discounted Health fund;
- Our + Learning;
- Professional Development opportunities;
- Individual career development and learning opportunities;
- Reward & Recognition programs.
Please refer to the Position Description for detailed information on the position and required skills and experience.
This role provides a salary range of between $79.3k to $95.2k per annum + 10.5% superannuation.
A 9 day fortnight work-cycle currently applies to this role, with flexible/hybrid working arrangements available.
Successful candidates may be required to undertake a course of vaccinations against Hepatitis A and B and Tetanus or demonstrate their immunity.
Central Coast Council is committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of all of our employees. In accordance with Council's WHS requirements and COVID-19 Safety Plans we require all employees to be fully vaccinated with an approved COVID-19 vaccine.
Enquiries: Emily Goodworth, Section Manager Development Assessment North on ph: 0439 603 850 or Antonia Stuart, Section Manager Development Assessment Pre-Lodgement on ph: 0439 136 835.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech impaired, you can contact us through the National Relay Service TTY call 133 677 or Speak & Listen 1300 555 727.
Closing Date: Applications close at Midnight on Sunday, 21 August 2022.
To download our Privacy Statement click here.
HOW TO APPLY
Thank you for your interest in the position.
For more information on applying for a role with Central Coast Council please click on the following link: https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/council/about-council/careers-and-volunteering/applying-position
Apply now using our fast, easy to use on-line application process.
Don't have access to a computer or electronic device? Applications can be lodged at any of Council's 11 Library locations. Pre-book a free 1 hour computer time-slot by contacting your nearest library https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/libraries/our-branches or ask at the Library enquiry counter.
Please note that you do not need a "password" to use our on-line application system, however you will need to complete your application without leaving the system as your application will not be saved.
** It is recommended that you review the questions and prepare your responses in a Word document or similar before commencing your on-line application. Your responses will not be saved if you encounter any problems submitting your application.
** We recommend that you use Google Chrome for best System performance.
To lodge your application, please follow the below steps:
Step 1: Answer the on-line questions shown below. Please ensure that you provide as much detail as possible in response to the questions asked.
Step 2: Attach your Resume
Step 3: Attach your qualifications and licences
Once your application is successfully lodged you will receive an automated response sent to your e-mail address. If a response is not received this means that your application has not been successfully submitted and you will need to lodge another application.
IMPORTANT: If you require assistance to lodge your application please contact our Talent Acquisition team by emailing [email protected] or phone 0409 601 161 to discuss what reasonable adjustments you may need.
Applicants who are selected for interview will be contacted by phone or e-mail. Please be advised, in order to ensure you receive all email communications from Central Coast Council, please whitelist '[email protected]' in your preferred email client. For Further instructions please click here.
PLEASE NOTE: By completing and submitting this online application you confirm that any information provided by yourself in this application is true & correct and acknowledge that any offer of employment may be withdrawn should the information that you have provided in support of your application be shown to be false. You also consent to employment screening checks being conducted where appropriate. This may include associated checks (Referee check, Working With Children Check, Entitlement to Work in Australia, Employment History and an Australian Federal Police Check) as well as substantiation of educational qualifications, industry memberships, previous Central Coast Council employment history and association with professional bodies.
I also acknowledge that I will be required to provide proof of eligibility (including photo identification) to work in Australia if selected for an interview.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2022, 12:00 am