Development Project Officer
Permanent Full Time
Salary: $ 81,246.53 up to $ 103,100.58 per annum plus superannuation
(Salary package will be assessed based on skills, experience and qualifications)
Recruitment No. 22118
At Wollongong City Council we have a steadfast commitment to creating an Extraordinary Wollongong. We are in an exciting period of transformation and focused on delivering exceptional services, infrastructure and facilities for our community
Our strength is the diversity of our people. Together our responsibility is to create an inclusive place where everyone is welcome, valued and belongs. We lead with courage, openness and curiosity. Our conversations and actions celebrate diversity, inclusion and belonging. Learn more about us here.
About the position:
We are excited to offer an opportunity for an enthusiastic Development Project Officer to join our Development Assessment and Certification division.
Your skills and ability across a diverse range of development projects will enable you to make timely decisions in conjunction with multidisciplinary referral groups. You will provide professional advice to external and internal customers as part of an effective team with a strong customer service focus.
What’s in it for you?
This is a genuine opportunity for you to build your skills in the practical application of planning assessment functions. You will also use your technical aptitude and personal resilience to contribute to the team outcomes in this fast paced work environment.
We provide flexible working arrangements such as hybrid working, flextime – you just need to ask! We are value-led, support and encourage personal and professional growth, recognise and reward performance and embrace change. We provide generous leave provisions, are committed to a safety (everyone, every day and everywhere) and make available wellbeing programs to support our staff to be at their best.
While this is a full time position, we are a flexible organisation and are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements with the right applicant.
Click on ‘Apply’ to complete your online application. Please upload your resume and respond to each of the selection criteria below that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this position. Applications that do not answer all the criteria will not be considered. CLICK HERE to learn more about How to Apply and our Recruitment Process.
For your application to be considered please ensure that you address the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualification in one or more of the following: Urban or Town Planning/Building Surveying/Environmental Health or another discipline related to the position
- Demonstrated understanding of the provisions of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 and/or the Building Code of Australia.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple development projects within strict deadlines.
- Please outline the development types you have worked on in your previous role/s and land constraints applicable.
- Please outline the characteristics you currently display at work in order to demonstrate your effectiveness as a team member.
- Possession of a current Class C drivers licence or equivalent.
A copy of the Selection Criteria Template can be found HERE
Applications close 11:59pm Monday 25 July 2022.
· Click on the attachment below to view the Position Description.
· Reach out to John Wood, City Wide Development Manager, on (02) 4227 7365 for questions related to the job
· Questions related to submitting your application online or our recruitment process, please contact the Attraction + Retention Team on (02) 4227 7065.
- Suitable candidates may be placed on an eligibility list for future opportunities in the team, which may include part time, temporary and or relief roles.
- We are adhering to NSW Public Health Guidelines with regard to COVID19. As such this recruitment action will be conducted in line with current public health orders, for example online interviews. Currently there is also no mandatory COVID-19 vaccination requirement for this position. Should a public health order or relevant legislation require the position to comply to mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations, applicants will be required to comply.
- Applicants are required to undergo a rigorous employment screening process which will include Reference, Identity and Medical History Checks, and may also include a Criminal History and Working with Children Check. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:25th Jul 2022, 12:00 am