Develop and lead engagement activities across Council and the community for the Zero Waste, Emissions Reduction and Cool Towns (urban greening) strategies and programs.
About the role:
- draw on stakeholder engagement, social marketing, co-design and evaluation techniques to create programs that foster awareness and behaviour change
- develop, deliver and evaluate engagement activities
- prepare business cases and grant applications as opportunities present
- strong community education advisory role in relation to social marketing and development of programs to create public awareness and foster behaviour change
What's on offer:
- a base salary ranging from $75,686 per annum with competency-based increments up to $89,651 per annum, plus 10.5% super
- maximum-term contract up to June 2025
- 35 hour week, 9 day fortnight
- training and development opportunities
- flexible work options for a healthy work/life balance
- generous employment conditions (we have too many to list - click here for more).
We are seeking:
- Recognised qualifications at Degree level and/or demonstrated competence in the field of an environmental discipline, natural resource management, or education.
- Understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation, guidelines and principles and community based solutions.
- Knowledge of how to develop, promote and implement community education programs.
- Demonstrated competence in promotion and public education programs.
- Eligible to hold a valid NSW Working With Children Check.
- Located on the picturesque far North Coast of NSW, bordering the Gold Coast.
- The Tweed is a vibrant, diverse location offering a lifestyle near the water, in a rainforest or on a farm.
- Tweed Shire Council is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds in both traditional and non-traditional roles.
- Join an employer of choice. Professionals Australia (Local Government Engineers’ Association) has named Council the 2021 Employer of Choice for our great employment practices within NSW local government.
Where it's located:
This position is based in Murwillumbah, and can be directed to work from any Council work site.
Friday 25 November 2022 at 12 noon sharp (NSW time). Late applications will not be permitted.
- Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Tuesday 6 December
- Commencement date for successful candidate: January 2023
Tweed Shire Council conducts pre-employment assessments as part of its recruitment process.
Job offers are not made until screening has been completed. Tweed Shire Council uses third-party providers to undertake:
- Pre-employment medical – some roles require a functional (physical) assessment, and all positions are subject to drug and alcohol screening (a positive test result means the recruitment process ends and your application will not be considered).
- Background screening - verifies that the information you have provided throughout the recruitment process is true and correct. Click here for more information.
Reference Checks are undertaken by the panel. Your 2 referees should ideally be your current and most recent supervisors. Your referees are not contacted unless you’ve been interviewed and are a preferred candidate.
This position is identified as at risk of contracting vaccine-preventable/manageable diseases and as a consequence impacted employees are strongly recommended to participate in Council’s workplace vaccination program.
How To Apply:
You must use your own email address, and not one used previously by another person that has applied for a position with council.
Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields:
- Have your Resume document ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'. For tips on how to address the selection criteria, click here
- You'll then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
If you'd like to COPY and PASTE selection criteria fields into a separate Word document to work on over time, please find them listed below:
1. Recognised qualifications at Degree level and/or demonstrated competence in the field of an environmental discipline, natural resource management, or education.
2. Hold a Current Vehicle Licence – Car or Light Rigid or Medium Rigid or Heavy Rigid or Heavy Combination or equivalent.
3. Understanding of environmental issues and community based solutions particularly in the areas of waste and natural resources.
4. Knowledge of how to develop and implement community education programs.
5. Demonstrated competence in delivery and promotion of public education programs.
6. Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated oral and written communication skills and conflict resolution abilities.
7. Working knowledge of relevant legislation, guidelines and principles in the area of waste and natural resources.
8. Demonstrated knowledge of auditing practice as it relates to waste programs, and the ability to report and make recommendations based on the audit outcomes.
9. Ability to work unsupervised, and also ability to work in a team environment.
OFFICE USE ONLY
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:25th Nov 2022, 12:00 am