Division: Transport & Assets
Business Unit: Capital Projects
Title: Engineering Internship, Temporary - Full-time Role until July 2023, 35 hours per week
Salary Range: Around $44,000 per annum + super (subject to skills and experience)
Stretching from Palm Beach to Manly, the Northern Beaches boasts more than half of all the beaches in Sydney and a population of more than 270,000. Northern Beaches Council strives to deliver the highest quality services to our community. Join us and you’ll be part of an organisation committed to promoting sustainable growth, leading the community, protecting our environment and creating a great future for the Northern Beaches.
Reporting to the Senior Designer and Surveyor, the role of the Engineering Internship is to assist in engineering design and survey of roadworks, drainage, traffic facilities and environmental works undertaken by Council.
- Survey and Design – Roadworks, Drainage, Traffic Facilities, Environmental Works
- Assist with the construction of designed works
- Liaise with other agencies and utilities authorities
- Respond to resident enquiries and correspondence.
- Investigation and design, (manual and on Autocad, Civil3D) for roadworks, drainage, footpaths, traffic facilities, carparks, retaining walls and environmental projects
- Assist with preparation of specifications
- Assist with preparation of documentation, reports and correspondence associated with works and under the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act (Part V Assessments)
- Assist with survey works
- Assist with contract supervision and administration related to Capital Works construction
- Liaise with State Government Agencies and Utility Authorities
Please refer to the Position Description for more information.
There aren’t many employers who offer career and lifestyle in a single package, but Northern Beaches Council does. We offer an attractive workplace, including:
- genuine work-life balance and flexible working arrangements
- employee wellness program and a range of lifestyle benefits
- values based culture and a teams oriented working environment
- a culture of supporting continuous professional development
- high level of technological innovation and systems
Northern Beaches Council is proud to be the winner of the 2022 Change Champion Award in the Enterprise Category (1000 or more staff). Voice Project recognises organisations who achieve exceptional improvements in work practices and employee engagement. The Voice Project Change Champion Award recognises and celebrates transformational efforts that achieve real and positive change, improving the workplace for employees and supporting key organisational outcomes.
How to apply:
Apply online and upload the following information
- Click on the 'Apply' button to complete your online application.
- You will have the opportunity to attach your resume and any supporting documentation.
- Please read the Position Description. You will be required to respond to the selection criteria questions online when you apply. Your response to these questions should demonstrate how you meet the requirements of this role.
- For further information, please contact Greg Fardell on 02 8495 6827 during business hours
- Applications close on 15/12/2022
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:9th Dec 2022, 12:00 am