Things We’ll Trust You With:
- Protect and improve community health and protect and enhance the environment within Sutherland Shire.
- Use your exceptional stakeholder management and customer service skills to respond to and resolve issues in an efficient and timely manner.
- Provide increased community awareness and education to business operators and the general public in relation to public health and environmental health matters.
Things You’ll Do:
- Conduct regular monitoring of food businesses, beauty salons and businesses conducting skin penetration, cooling towers, caravan parks, brothels, mortuaries and sewage management systems.
- Investigate and resolve public health-related issues and assess the public health components of development applications.
- Investigate air, noise and water pollution incidents, proactively undertaking environmental audits of industrial and commercial premises to ensure compliance with environmental legislation.
Things You’ll Be Proud Of
- Working in a role that is challenging, rewarding and positively impacts our local community.
- Being part of an organisation and team that values growth and learning and provides training and employment opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Working collaboratively amongst a large, multidisciplinary team of subject matter experts and mentors.
- Showcasing Council’s values in all that you do – Collaborate, Achieve, Respect, and Evolve.
The Fine Print:
- Apply by submitting your resume and a cover letter outlining why you are a great fit!
- Get your application in by 10:00pm Sunday 19 February 2023
- Interview date: Interviews will be facilitated week commencing 27 February 2023
- Package: $70,659 to $102,261 gross p.a. plus superannuation. Salaries will be negotiated based on skills and experience.
- Hours of work: Permanent Full Time, 35 hours per week with option of 19 day month flexi time arrangement. Officers are required to work a span of hours from 7:00am-7:00pm.
- To benefit your wellbeing you will have access to fitness passport, corporate membership to our leisure centres, employee assistance program, annual flu shots, health and wellbeing programme and novated lease options.
**To meet Council's WHS requirements and in accordance with Council's COVID-19 Safety Plans, this position has been identified via risk assessment to be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or provide evidence of an approved medical contraindication, you will be required to produce evidence as part of the application process. Successful applicants are subject to ID checks, Functional Assessment, Reference checks, Qualification checks, and Work Rights verification.
Keen To Learn More?
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:20th Feb 2023, 12:00 am