Careers at Council
Wagga Wagga City Council are seeking a motivated and driven individual, with experience in Environmental and Public Health to join the Environmental Team as Environmental Health Officer. The Environmental Health Officer is responsible for effectively working as part of the Environmental Health Team in the delivery of high-quality environmental health services. If you have tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health or related discipline, specialist knowledge and demonstrated competency in Environmental Health and legislation, then this is the position for you!20-01-2023
- One (1) permanent position available.
- Remuneration package of $3,162.46 gross per fortnight with the opportunity to progress to $3,794.95 gross per fortnight + superannuation.
- Access to Council’s Flexible Working Arrangements.
- Generous leave entitlements.
- Ongoing training and development opportunities.
- Undertake routine environmental and public health inspections including but not limited to food premises, commercial/industrial businesses, on-site sewage systems, skin penetration, hairdressers, cooling towers and unhealthy premises swimming pools in accordance with procedures.
- Provide specialist technical expertise to internal and external customers in relation to environmental health.
- Assess environmental and public health related development applications and construction certificates.
- Implement environmental health programs ensuring compliance with environmental legislation and policies.
- Assist in the development and delivery of environmental and public health related education, training and publicity programs.
- Formulate, develop, present, implement, update and improve ongoing standard operating procedures and processes in respect to matters related to Environmental Health.
- Assist in sharps management program.
- Investigate complaints on health-related issues including food borne illness outbreaks.
- Initiate and conduct environmental health impacts and risk assessments.
- Respond to disasters and emergency situations where public health is at risk.
- Action customer service requests in accordance with approved service levels.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, statistics and presentations.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the role such as Bachelor of Science (Environmental Health) or related discipline.
Closed 7 months ago
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:26th Feb 2023, 12:00 am