- $81,042.46 to $100,533.57 per annum plus super
- Fully maintained private-use vehicle with access to Cross Street Carpark in Double Bay
- Fortnightly RDO and potential to work from home up to 2 days per week
- Full-time maternity leave contract up to 12 months
Woollahra is an area steeped in natural beauty and heritage appealing to residents, businesses and visitors who enjoy its many parks, waterfront locations and historic buildings. Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and professions creating a dynamic workforce of over 400 staff members.
About the role
We are seeking a highly motivated and qualified Environmental Health professional to join our Legal, Compliance and Enforcement team on a temporary full-time basis for up to 12 months.
As an Environmental Health Officer, you will be responsible for ensuring that the health, safety and amenity of the community is protected by providing high quality environmental and public health services. You will carry out inspections of food and other registered premises, respond to pollution incidents, provide expert comment on development applications and provide education in relation to public health and environmental protection.
The successful Candidate will demonstrate thorough knowledge of the relevant legislation and most importantly be passionate about ensuring the health safety of our community. You will have excellent communication skills, work well in an autonomous environment and be willing to assist other members of your team. You will be a high achiever with:
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health or a related field.
- Understanding of environmental health and food safety matters including relevant legislation and standards.
- High level of verbal and written communication.
- Commitment to customer service.
- Ability to be effective both working independently and within a team environment.
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to manage competing demands.
- Computer literacy.
- Current Class C Drivers Licence.
Click here for the complete list of essential and desirable criteria.
What’s in it for you?
We promote equal access to opportunities within the organisation and we pride ourselves on creating a safe and engaging working environment.
We are dedicated to looking after our staff, because if we look after our people, we will be better placed to look after our community.
Eligible staff will be entitled to some of the following benefits:
- Fortnightly RDO - we value your work/life balance
- Hybrid workplace - work from home up to 2 days per week
- High quality training and development opportunities
- Subsidised gym membership through Fitness Passport with access to 810+ fitness facilities
How to Apply
- Apply on line by clicking the link below
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to http://www.woollahra.nsw.gov.au/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Paul Sullivan, Compliance Team Leader on 02 9391 7148 during business hours
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360
CLOSING DATE: 11:59PM on, Sunday 04 December 2022
Woollahra Council is committed to responding to its responsibilities under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 in undertaking all measures that are reasonably practical to ensure the health and safety of all our workers. As of 1st December 2021, new employees must be fully vaccinated (minimum two doses) with an approved COVID-19 vaccine and provide evidence seven days prior to commencement.
Should an applicant indicate that they wish to seek an exemption on medical or other grounds, they will need to provide evidence of their circumstances such as an accepted certified medical contraindication.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
We are committed to reconciliation and strongly encourage all applicants, including, but not limited to, Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, young people, mature aged workers, LGBTIQ and other minority groups to apply.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2022, 12:00 am