A career at Bega Valley Shire Council will immerse you in rewarding and interesting work for the diverse communities that call the south-east corner of NSW home, all of them nestled between rolling countryside and some of the best seaside locations NSW has to offer.
Our workforce of over 350 meets the needs of these communities with a wide range of services including libraries, customer service, finance, children’s services, engineering, project management, road works, water management, environment and parks, gardens and town centre care.
Most recently we’ve added recovery, rebuilding and resilience to the important work we do.
Council has a range of employment benefits supporting our staff which may include:
- rostered day off schemes
- flexible work arrangements
- salary packaging
- staff development and award programs.
We have an exciting opportunity for a driven individual to develop and implement environmental management strategies, and provide specialist advice with regards to environmental impact assessment, natural resource management, corporate environmental performance, and climate change and sustainability adaptation responses.
As an Environmental Management Officer, you will assist with the coordination of the environmental impact assessment inputs to the Planning Section and develop and implement specialist environmental management policies, procedures and strategies. You will provide specialist advice in regards to environmental assessment, and coastal and catchment management issues as well as coordinate environmental audits and work place inspections of corporate activities and functions including: Sewer Treatment Plants (STP) and re-use schemes, landfills and quarries, subdivision and general construction works.
We are seeking an individual who holds a Degree in Environmental Science or other related discipline and has at least two (2) years environmental management related experience.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of contemporary environmental impact assessment, coastal zone management, environmental auditing and reporting, and energy and sustainability issues.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contemporary thinking with regards to sustainability and climate change.
- Demonstrated skills in interpreting and applying legislation relevant to local government, environmental impact assessment and coastal zone management.
- High level written and verbal communication skills including the ability to liaise and negotiate effectively with internal and external stakeholders on complex environmental matters.
This is a fixed term full-time contract position working 35 hours per week until 23 October 2023. Remuneration is $1619.00 per week, plus 10% employer superannuation contribution.
To view the Position Description, please click here.
For further information on this position, please contact Derek Van Bracht, Coordinator | Environment & Sustainability on 02 6499 2143.
Applications close 11.30pm AEDT on 6 July 2022
This position requires applicants to be suitably immunised in line with recommendations from the Australian Immunisation Handbook, currently mandated Public Health Orders and/or Councils Immunisation Procedure.
Applicants must have the right to work in Australia and address the advertised selection criteria demonstrating their suitability for the role.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:7th Jul 2022, 12:00 am