- Vibrant projects in the evolving eastern suburbs
- Good work/life balance with a 9-day fortnight
- Great professional team environment
- Committed to professional development
Randwick City Council is an innovative and progressive local government committed to serving our vibrant community on the eastern beaches of Sydney. We are currently seeking a suitably experienced and qualified planning professional to join the Development Assessment team.
The successful candidate will enjoy the challenge of negotiating, managing, and assessing a caseload of diverse applications including a wide range of commercial, industrial, open space, housing and subdivision applications.
If you are passionate about development assessment, have good technical knowledge and skills and want to be part of our goal focused team, then we would love to hear from you! Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description, to be considered for this role.
What we value
We have a high-performance culture fostered through our values of Integrity, Customer Focus, Accountability, Respect and Excellence. This culture encourages and supports equity, diversity and inclusion for our employees and our community.
What you will bring:
- Tertiary qualification or near completion at degree level in planning, architecture, urban design or a related field (i.e. building surveying)
- Demonstrated experience in development assessment
- Good problem solving and negotiation skills
- Good oral and written communication and report writing skills
- Excellence in customer service
Things you will do:
- Assess development, subdivision and Local Government applications in accordance with statutory requirements and the procedures contained in the Development Assessment Procedures Manual and Council’s codes and polices.
- Negotiate/mediate with applicants and objectors to break deadlocks and achieve satisfactory outcomes.
- Appear as an expert planning witness in the Land and Environment Court of NSW
- Ensure decision making processes for development related applications are robust and rigorous.
View the position description or contact Tony Ristevski, Coordinator Fast Track, on 02 9093 6822.
Applicants must include a statement demonstrating how they meet the essential knowledge, skills and abilities criteria listed in the position description to be considered for this position.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2022, 12:00 am