Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and suitably qualified professional to join our Planning and Environmental Health Division. Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for delivering quality ecological assessment and reporting in relation to planning proposals and development applications to ensure compliance for Council and the community. A key focus of the position will be to prepare, maintain and implement strategic plans, vegetation mapping and biodiversity policy and planning provisions.
The position is designed to provide support across both the Strategic Planning and Development Services sections. We would therefore consider appointing either one full time role to provide this cross sectional support, or two part time (2-3 days per week) roles to each provide section specific support.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualifications in environmental science (ecology) or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of ecological professional advice in relation to development proposals, planning proposals and environmental policy.
- Demonstrated extensive experience in plant identification and biodiversity impact assessment
- Proven understanding of the relationship between development and environmental protection as it pertains to a Local Government environment.
- Demonstrated extensive knowledge of NSW legislation pertaining to native plant and animal species including the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
- Proven solid working knowledge of relevant aspects of the Commonwealth Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act, National Parks and Wildlife Act and Environmental Planning and Assessment Act.
- A full time salary range of $83,900 to $96,300 (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Tara MGready | Manager Strategic Planning | 02 6681 0542
11.30pm on Sunday 27 November 2022
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:27th Nov 2022, 12:00 am