Change your lifestyle and live and work in a vibrant community and great coastal environment.
Ballina Shire Council is situated on the Far North Coast of New South Wales, 20 minutes from Byron Bay and one hour from the Gold Coast. The shire is a popular tourism destination with pristine beaches, rainforest retreats and hinterland hideaways.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and appropriately qualified individual to join our Planning and Environmental Health Division. Reporting to the Manager, you will be responsible for supporting the section to deliver quality environmental assessment and reporting in relation to planning proposals and development applications to ensure compliance for Council and the community. In this role you will have the opportunity to be mentored by professionals in a fast-paced challenging working environment.
The position is designed to provide support across both the Strategic Planning and Development Services sections. We would therefore consider appointing either one full time role to provide this cross sectional support, or two part time (2-3 days per week) roles to each provide section specific support.
To be successful you will bring
- Behaviour that positively demonstrates Council’s values of: creative, accessible, respect, energetic and safe.
- Tertiary qualification at degree level in environmental science or equivalent.
- Proven experience in the provision of professional advice in relation to development proposals, planning proposals and environmental policy.
- Demonstrated sound understanding of the relationship between development and environmental protection as it pertains to a Local Government environment.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proven ability to work independently and with a high level of collaboration across the team and with key stakeholders.
- A salary range of $75,600 to $86,800 ($41.42 to $47.53 per hour) (plus 10.5% superannuation) dependent upon qualifications, skills and experience.
- An inclusive culture where all our people are valued, EEO, diversity and differences are respected.
- An absolute focus on our peoples’ safety and well being.
- Learning and career development opportunities.
- Generous Award workplace conditions.
Click here to view the Position Description and Information Package.
Tara MGready | Manager Strategic Planning | 02 6681 0542
Friday 26 August 2022
How To Apply
Please Note: Once you start your online application, you cannot save and return to it later. You must use your email address, and not one used previously by another person who has applied for a position with Council.
You may wish to prepare your responses in a Word document. You can then COPY and PASTE your answers from Word into the below fields.
Have your Resume document ready to go.
Fill out all questions below. Click "Next". You will then be prompted to attach your resume and other documents (if applicable). Click "Next".
Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click "Confirm" to submit your application.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering Environmental, Environment, Food Technology, Medical...
New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:27th Aug 2022, 12:00 am