Division: Planning and Environment
Team: Planning, Place and Development
Employment Status: Permanent
Employment Arrangement: Full-Time, 35 hours per week with access to Council’s flexible working arrangements.
Salary Range: An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with market forces and experience.
About Strathfield Council
Strathfield Council is centrally located in Sydney’s inner-west, halfway between the Parramatta and Sydney CBD with accessible public transport options and parking available.
As a medium-sized council, we focus on a myriad of Local Government responsibilities which services over 40,000 residents in the Strathfield LGA.
Council is committed to supporting the future growth of the LGA whilst protecting the local heritage character, ensuring development is of high quality and sympathetic to local surrounds.
Our core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Accountability and Safety are at the heart of our organisation and Council emphasises the importance of achieving work-life harmony and developing staff.
About the Opportunity
Strathfield Council is seeking an Executive Planner to lead and be responsible for the proper management of major and complex statutory and strategic planning applications including the assessment of Planning Proposals, applications to the regional Planning Panels and matters under appeal in the Land and Environment Court. They will be required to also motivate, coach, inspire and lead a group of planning professionals in the provision of specialist town planning and development control advice to Landuse, Place and Development team members, the public and applicants in relation to the planning process.
- You will have tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning (or Urbanism), either as undergraduate or postgraduate in continuation from a base degree in Architecture, Urban Design, or recognised equivalently related design field qualifications in Urban Planning or a related discipline;
- You will have registration or eligibility for registration as a member of the respective professional association;
- Proven ability to utilise and implement modern planning and best practice initiatives and innovative strategies;
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment and managing a range of projects simultaneously including strong time management skills, monitoring, and reporting across all stages of the project delivery process;
- Demonstrated high quality written, graphic, and verbal communication skills.
For a list of staff benefits, please click here.
To review this position description for this role, please click here.
Applicants can apply through our online application process:
1. Please fill out your details below and attach any relevant documentation on the next page.
Applications will need to address the selection criteria in the position description.
2. Review and answer our designated questions before concluding your application.
In line with Council's Vaccination Policy, all employees must be fully vaccinated prior to commencement with Council.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kandace Lindeberg on 02 9748 9999.
Applications Close at 10pm, Sunday 12th February 2023.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:13th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.