Do you enjoy working with a team to align community ideas with creative solutions to develop and deliver a clear vision for the future planning of Burwood?
What we offer:
- $92K - $111K plus Super (with opportunity to progress to $115K)
- Leaseback Vehicle
- Access to Flexible Working Arrangements
- Flexible/Hybrid working options available
- Health & Wellbeing initiatives (i.e. flu vaccinations, skin checks, yoga etc.) as well as Fitness Passport membership available
- Harmonious team environment and culture
- Modern office environment close to public transport and the vibrant Burwood Town Centre
Do you want to be part of a progressive, agile and forward thinking organisation?
The Burwood Council area is a hub of Inner West Sydney and is identified as a Strategic Centre by the NSW State Government. In the context of Greater Sydney, Burwood has an important role to play in terms of contributing to the status of Sydney as a Global City. Burwood has attracted considerable economic investment and this is set to continue with the future delivery of the Burwood North Metro Station and the revitalisation of the Burwood North Precinct.
The Burwood Town Centre is a cosmopolitan and vibrant destination with a unique offering of food and retail-entertainment options supported by a diverse and active community that values both the vibrancy of our town centres and history and heritage character of the area.
Burwood Council is focussed on improving customer experience and organisational performance by driving innovation and ethical leadership. We are a progressive, agile and forward thinking organisation working in brand new state of the art offices located within the Burwood Civic and Library precinct, all a short walk from the vibrancy of the Burwood High Street and convenience of Burwood Train Station.
https://youtu.be/ZcN5BeI10k4 Take a look at this video to see our recently Burwood Festival of Place event, an example of the great projects Burwood Council is focussed on and that you could be a part of.
Working closely with the Manager City Planning, the Executive Strategic Planner will be instrumental in the delivery of solutions to complex planning issues, including the drafting of a contemporary strategic planning documents for the long term development of Burwood, based on strong community and business vision for the area.
The role will require you to be innovative, envision, translate and interpret urban renewal, master plan and place making outcomes into effective planning policy.
The City Planning Team sits within the City Strategy Directorate and we are working towards developing and delivering a clear vision for the future of Burwood allowing the opportunity for the successful candidate to be involved in a number of key planning projects, including:
- The delivery of a new and vibrant neighbourhood at Burwood North
- Implementation of a planning framework to provide opportunities for greater housing affordability
- The review of the Burwood LEP 2012 and Burwood DCP to ensure the delivery of high quality and sustainable development
- Support in the delivery of a Night Time Economy Strategy
- Preparing and implementing strategies, masterplans and policies that deliver on District Plan and LSPS actions, including encouraging more diverse housing options
The role includes guiding and mentoring early professionals within the team, effective engagement with both internal and external stakeholders and assisting in the delivery of key projects.
The successful candidate will have relevant tertiary qualifications in Urban Planning combined with demonstrated project delivery experience. Due to the diversity of the role, qualifications and/or experience in contributions planning, economic development, heritage conservation, urban design, place making, community engagement or master planning will also be highly regarded.
For more information:
Contact Rita Vella, Manager City Planning on 02 9911 9913 to have a chat about the role and the exciting projects the City Planning Team is currently working on.
HOW TO APPLY: Please click on “Apply for this position” and follow the steps.
Applications MUST include a statement addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in the position description and a resume.
CLOSING DATE: 11.30pm Sunday 4 December 2022
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Architecture, Design and User Experience, Industrial...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:4th Dec 2022, 12:00 am