Location: Tamworth, NSW
Tamworth Reginal Council is a large and vibrant regional Council with over 600 employees who service our community in a diverse range of areas including, but not limited to, planning and development, infrastructure and recreational services, cultural connectivity and visitor experiences, economic development and water and waste services. The Tamworth region has become the home of over 60,000 people and is a thriving economic and cultural hub in the North West of NSW.
OUR COUNCIL - TRC
It is an exciting time to join Tamworth Regional Council with a recently adopted plan for the future of the region, “Blueprint 100”. This is our strategic vision for growth as a region, as we plan for how the city and the region will sustainably accommodate a population of 100,000 people, focusing on liveability, community and required infrastructure, among other things. Council’s Water and Environmental Operations Divisions plays an important role in delivering Councill’s Blueprint 100 vision by providing water security, essential services to a growing community and working with and protecting our environment.
Our people strive to build a great organisational culture fostering our shared values of Teamwork, Equity, Accountability, Customer Orientation and Health and Safety whilst embracing the drive for excellence, innovation and respect.
ABOUT OUR REGION
The Tamworth Regional is a fabulous place to call home boasting the vibrant regional city of Tamworth along with the towns of Manilla, Barraba, Nundle and Kootingal as well as 17 hamlets, villages and rural areas. Located just 4 hours’ drive (or a direct flight) to bustling Sydney and multiple coastal locations within 3-4 hours’ drive, Tamworth is a central hub and a place to enjoy all year round.
Tamworth offers an enviable lifestyle with all the conveniences and services you’d expect from a larger city, coupled with a relaxed pace of life with opportunities to enjoy all that nature has to offer, along with being a great place to raise children, make long term friends and create a professional career.
As the capital of the North West region, Tamworth is home to major health and education centres, affordable housing options to suit all lifestyles, attractive employment and business opportunities with a robust and innovative local economy. In addition, the Tamworth region boasts a proud sporting culture with world class facilities and a supporting community of clubs.
- Utilise your mechanical engineering experience
- Join a fun and dynamic team serving the community
- Enhanced work life balance with flexible work arrangements
The purpose of the Fitter Machinist position is to perform fabrication, manufacture, repair, installation, maintenance, calibration and operation of complex mechanical systems associated with the operation of Council’s water and wastewater headwork’s and distribution infrastructure.
OPPORTUNITIES EXIST FOR
- Experience in the local government sector and trade supervisor opportunities
- Further training and career development opportunities in engineering or related fields
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL NEED
You will possess a Trade Certificate of Proficiency in a Mechanical Engineering or a related field, a manual drivers licence, and a willingness to receive compulsory vaccinations.
You will have Demonstrated capability or equivalent experience at a level of 2 to 3 years in the following areas:
- Mechanical system design principles and techniques, including pumps and pumping systems and pneumatic systems;
- Select and apply mechanical engineering methods, processes and construction techniques;
- Identify, analyse and resolve problems;
- Working with minimum supervision;
- Work effectively with others, including working in a multidisciplinary environment (electrical, process, instrumentation & engineering disciplines);
- Apply professional interpersonal skills;
- Use a range of Microsoft Office programs; and
- Provide mentoring support.
We are looking for a skilled tradesperson to undertake a diverse range of fitting and turning, fabrication, and mechanical tasks.
You will be a proactive and approachable problem solver who demonstrates a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
WHAT WE OFFER
In undertaking this key role, you will be offered a range of benefits, including a competitive salary, 4 weeks annual leave, corporate rate gym membership, and supportive health and wellbeing programs. See below for further work perks!
Flexible Work Options
- Council offers flexible working arrangements by mutual agreement according to operational requirements (condensed hours, job share, 19 day months, 9 day fortnights, time in lieu as approved)
- Long service leave after five (5) years
- Nine weeks (full pay) paid parental leave, 18 weeks (half pay) paid parental leave
- Three weeks sick leave annually
- Health & Wellbeing leave, Carer’s leave, Domestic Violence leave
- Leave (1 day) for NAIDOC week celebrations for those who identify
- Career development opportunities including access to training and professional development activities, with succession planning forefront of mind
- Educational Assistance Program provides opportunities to pursue study in a higher level role or related qualification/field
Lifestyle & Wellbeing
- Breast feeding friendly workplace
- Ideal location with easy access to cycle or walk to work
- QANTAS Club discounts
- Free entry to Council’s pools
- Health & Wellbeing programs
- Social Club
- Employee Assistance Program for yourself and your immediate family
- Corporate rate gym membership (participating gyms)
- Uniforms subsidised
- Novated leases available to all staff
Please refer to the Position Description for the entire scope of essential and desirable criteria.
Salary Range: Base Salary $63,639.00 - $68,424.00 per annum plus award allowances and superannuation
Interested? Apply Now!
Applications Close: 5:00pm on Wednesday 8 February 2023
Enquiries: For a confidential discussion regarding this position please contact Dan Gibson on 0419 247 054.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to acting in the best interest for our staff, their families and the community at large. As such, Council requires its staff to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and you will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status if you’re invited for an interview. You may also be required to undergo Rapid Antigen Testing as required. TRC is also committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Disciplines:Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Chemical...
- Locations:New South Wales,...
- Closing Date:8th Feb 2023, 12:00 am
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.